PDA

View Full Version : Any info on La river

wackyrigged
03-31-2011, 10:31 PM
So this guy was telling me about going behind Balboa park and fishing said he had good success there a few years back.Is that legal and how do you get in and park your car?

yolo
04-01-2011, 05:25 AM
My question is why?

I remember playing soccer there back in my youth and you could just walk right down to it. I have seen people fish it around the I-5 and highway 2 area in Glendale.

reservoir dog
04-01-2011, 12:35 PM
I noticed a little body of water that I've always wanted to fish. It's on Burbank right off Sepulveda right as soon as you go over the hill. Not sure if it's legal but I think I might have to check it out. As far as parking goes, I think you just park along the side of the road like all the joggers.

carpanglerdude
04-01-2011, 03:18 PM
It's supposed to be carp fishing heaven....google 'la river carp fishing'

fish-o-haulic
04-01-2011, 03:24 PM
You can fish out of the LA river i thot it was just supposed to be like some sewage water drainage thing that only had enough water to support aquatic life when it rained heavily. and ive only seen that much water in it a few times. Man i fell stupid

blackberg
04-01-2011, 03:53 PM
You can fish out of the LA river i thot it was just supposed to be like some sewage water drainage thing that only had enough water to support aquatic life when it rained heavily. and ive only seen that much water in it a few times. Man i fell stupid

dude, its a river, one of the reasons LA was founded in the first place.

Just that now, may of the storm drains drain in to it.

their is no sewage draining into it.

but all the urban runoff does, thats why people dont go into it that much.

If you want CPR some carp, its supposed be awesome if you can find them.

Also heard of some mullet near long beach.

-bb

dixoncider
04-01-2011, 03:54 PM
good bite on the sewer salmon and the charmin bass...

reservoir dog
04-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Look it up on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-KYLapkxjs&feature=related

reservoir dog
04-01-2011, 04:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvtmH2zAiEI&feature=related

fish-o-haulic
04-01-2011, 06:49 PM
dude, its a river, one of the reasons LA was founded in the first place.

Just that now, may of the storm drains drain in to it.

their is no sewage draining into it.

but all the urban runoff does, thats why people dont go into it that much.

If you want CPR some carp, its supposed be awesome if you can find them.

Also heard of some mullet near long beach.

-bb

wait never mind I knew that. I was thinking of something else at the time, plus im not too familiar with the freshwater fishing oppertunities in LA

wackyrigged
04-03-2011, 06:24 PM
My question is why?

I remember playing soccer there back in my youth and you could just walk right down to it. I have seen people fish it around the I-5 and highway 2 area in Glendale.

Ya its not something I am aspiring to do or anything.Just figured I would ask here cause often I am in that area and balboa and hansen have always sucked.So I figured I would just check it out sometime.