PDA

View Full Version : Quail Lake 3-30-11

BlkManFishin
03-31-2011, 08:27 AM
So. me a couple of my buddies were going to hisperia lake. Due to ppl falling of the trip like flies when it was time to go it was just me and one other guy. so he decided to take me to Quail lake instead.

We got there about 5:30 pm and stayed till 8:30pm. we were on the back side of the lake right next to sum gates for the duct.

I was skunked but my buddy did catch a small stripper in the duct right next to the lake.

Is this a good place to fish? I saw a couple of fish jump while i was there so there are sum fish in the lake.

Dose anyone have any experience with this lake? i would love any tips I can get.

Is this a good area to fish the duct?
thanks

HunterAndy
03-31-2011, 12:05 PM
Quail lake has a very weak fishing system. You can go several times and only have 1 good fishing day. It's usually a good place to go for catfish during the summer time. Expect to stay there all night. Use 10lb line and fly line some chicken liver. Thats all I've heard to work there for years.

BlkManFishin
03-31-2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the info

wackyrigged
03-31-2011, 11:43 PM
I have had some incredible nights there.Just a matter of timing and the wind factor,I prefer to fish at night there.The few times I tried during the day I got skunked.

TROUT MASTERS
04-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Few years ago i use to go there all the time
till got sick of getting skunked most of the time.

fish-o-haulic
04-01-2011, 11:57 AM
I havent been since 05' but when i went there were tons and tons of stripers jumping out of the water. unfortunately they were on the other side of the lake and we got skunked. when i was there i hooked into a nice ten pounder but lost him. alot of the fish swam in our direction but no matter what we through at them they wouldnt bite.the duct poors strait into it so that would explain y its so good for stripers and catfish.

Jimbow
04-01-2011, 07:50 PM
This lake is great for LMB, Large catfish and stripers. I've seen pictures of the stripers coming out over 50 pounds in the past but have yet to learn the secrets of the big stripers at this lake. The other fish are everywhere!