PDA

View Full Version : Lagoon 3/30

eggot
03-31-2011, 02:34 AM
It's been a couple years since I've posted here, but then I don't fish much nowadays. Anyways, just got an '11 license last week and decided to hit up Castaic after class, and probably will more often since COC is real close to the lake.

Thought it would be better since weather has picked up, but it was a meh day. Kinda breezy and a lot of anglers for a Wednesday afternoon. Fished from 4-7:30 walking the entire East end and back for 1 dink bass to show for it on the d/s bluegill roboworm.

Also, I've had a pack of 6" pumpkin zoom lizards that have been sitting in my bag for years and decided to try that on the d/s since I noticed a gang of lizards all around the shoreline. Tried that for an hour without a bite. Some angler I talked to said that "bass dont like em, like they view lizards as an enemy" and that he's never had any real luck using them. So for you Castaic regs, is it a waste of time to even use lizards? If they do work, is the d/s fine or would you suggest another way to rig them? Thanks for any input.

Piss on Myspace
03-31-2011, 02:44 AM
nice fish and welcome back....bet it felt good to be out fishing again...thanks for the report

keepemlo
03-31-2011, 11:01 PM
I love that small 4 inch lizard fish the west ramp it's killer I like the way the 3 x handles but the zoom has a little more red in it they seem to like it better

fish-o-haulic
03-31-2011, 11:38 PM
I love that small 4 inch lizard fish the west ramp it's killer I like the way the 3 x handles but the zoom has a little more red in it they seem to like it better

It's been a couple years since I've posted here, but then I don't fish much nowadays. Anyways, just got an '11 license last week and decided to hit up Castaic after class, and probably will more often since COC is real close to the lake.

Thought it would be better since weather has picked up, but it was a meh day. Kinda breezy and a lot of anglers for a Wednesday afternoon. Fished from 4-7:30 walking the entire East end and back for 1 dink bass to show for it on the d/s bluegill roboworm.

Also, I've had a pack of 6" pumpkin zoom lizards that have been sitting in my bag for years and decided to try that on the d/s since I noticed a gang of lizards all around the shoreline. Tried that for an hour without a bite. Some angler I talked to said that "bass dont like em, like they view lizards as an enemy" and that he's never had any real luck using them. So for you Castaic regs, is it a waste of time to even use lizards? If they do work, is the d/s fine or would you suggest another way to rig them? Thanks for any input.

ya that guy is sayin a buch of bs, ive seen people throw lizards at these things and absolutely dominate those bass. hes probably just a guy that hasnt had much luck with them and made up a story to keep other from fishing with them to make it seem like he knows something.

reeladdiction09
03-31-2011, 11:52 PM
never drop shotted lizards before. the only way that i rig them is on a carolina rig. depending on how aggressive the bass are i will either use a 4in zoom lizard or a 7in model. the bigger bait usually keeps the small males away but ive had a few big females demolish it! good luck man and when in doubt tie it on and fish it anyways.

eggot
04-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the tips guys. I was thinking of hitting up Castaic tomorrow so I'll bring a 2nd setup in addition to the d/s and give the lizard another shot.

Just to clarify, I don't think the dude was hating cuz I asked him to elaborate and he meant it as they view lizards as natural enemies. Actually just did a quick search on google and the first article I checked out said the same thing.

SuperDank
04-01-2011, 07:18 PM
ill be hitting up the goon tomorrow... its been over a year since i fished.... and.. well.. got to sell the boat soon.. so I want to take it out on a ride before I do.... its a little tin can boat with a green top...

Big G
04-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Ive done really well with lizards, carolina rigged, or dragging With a large weighted hook. Sometimes its been a last resort to beat the skunk.

Bassnman Mike
04-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Lizards work, try rigging them on the Goby Sled (http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Buckeye_Goby_Sled/descpage-BGSLD.html?from=bassman)