PDA

View Full Version : After Work Tri City

nofriends714
03-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Would like to start this off by saying im a newbie to the board and this is my first post of hopefully many to come.

Anyways on to the report. So decided to hit Tri City park today after work and since we live so close and hardly fish it figured id give it a try. Went straight to the small lake and started throwing a drop shot with aarons magic roboworm and wasnt getting any hits. Worked all the way around the lake and saw plenty of 24"+ carp that were just cruisin the surface.

Worked back to original spot saw a nice size bass about 15ft out so i started throwing in that direction but nothin. Moved to other side of bridge and stated throwing from a different direction and got her attention. She wanted nothing to do with my worm but was very attracted to my drop shot weight. I was pretty surprised when i figured this out so i let her chase it a little. At one point she actually sucked it up and started swimming with it.

Finally the light bulb kicked on it my head and i switched over to a blue and chrome kastmaster thinking she liked the shine or color. Threw her direction on next cast and BAMB hit it as it was going down. She put up a little fight but was able to land her with no problems.

Ive heard of bass hitting kastmasters before but never experienced it myself. Anyways was pretty happy to get a nice size fish at a lake i hardly go to. Will definitely head back there a little more often. Enjoy the pic

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/ocsilverstar/TriCityBass.jpg

carpanglerdude
03-30-2011, 09:12 PM
It's weird how bass will get attracted to everything but the lure you are throwing. I've had them smack my clear fly bobbers and ignore the dragonfly imitation trailing behind it.

Way to adapt, great first post, welcome to the site:LOL::Smile:

brycek1984
03-30-2011, 09:23 PM
that some story I like stuff like that.

VIVID_FLY
03-30-2011, 09:37 PM
I went there on a rainy day and presented white flys with bead heads and caught many small size 5-6 in bass ... Nice catch really need to check out Tri City again

5150fishn
03-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Nice report. I drive past this lake everyday to work and home but haven't fished it in a while. I have caught quite a few bass there in the past. Fun little lake. Welcome to the board!