PDA

View Full Version : Pontoon Boat ?

Z-TUNAKILLER
08-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Hey Now, I'm thinking about getting a toon for fishing socal lake's, any suggestions / pro's / con's , I'm 6'5" and about 300lbs. a friend told me to get a kayak, but sitting in one for hours and not being able to move my legs much, dose not seem a good idea for me.

Thanks,
Z

FISH ON !

Troutman65
08-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Pontoons are a great fishing platform. They are very comfortable to fish off. They hold alot of people. I really like Pontoon boats . If you have family, then they would enjoy going out on it. You could take the whole family out on it at the same time. those are the pros.

Cons, Storeing it ? Big enough truck to pull it? Thats about all I can think of.l

Hope you have fun fishing !!!!!

Troutman65

one_leg
08-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Pontoons are a great fishing platform. They are very comfortable to fish off. They hold alot of people. I really like Pontoon boats . If you have family, then they would enjoy going out on it. You could take the whole family out on it at the same time. those are the pros.

Cons, Storeing it ? Big enough truck to pull it? Thats about all I can think of.l

Troutman65

It's pretty obvious he's talking about a single person Pontoon Kickboat, not a full sized Pontoon boat that accomodates multiple people.

Get a trolling motor for it and your good to go.
I've seen them with small gas outboards on them too.

One_Leg

Troutman65
08-05-2007, 01:45 PM

Troutman65

It's pretty obvious he's talking about a single person Pontoon Kickboat, not a full sized Pontoon boat that accomodates multiple people.

Get a trolling motor for it and your good to go.
I've seen them with small gas outboards on them too.

One_Leg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Never mind.

Troutman65

Z-TUNAKILLER
08-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Hey Now, thanks for setting Troutman65 straight, One_Leg (LMFAO). I also posted on Tubers and Yakers and got some info from Ron, he also suggested a trolling motor.

Z

FISH ON !

Troutman65
08-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Hey Now, thanks for setting Troutman65 straight, One_Leg (LMFAO). I also posted on Tubers and Yakers and got some info from Ron, he also suggested a trolling motor.

Z

FISH ON !

:slap:

:rofl:

:beer:

Troutman65

rocklee
08-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Yo Z-TUNAKILLER!
wassup Man,
I think I could help you, since I have own both of what you thinking of getting. well here are my aspects of both
I have is fish Cat 9 lite pontoon boat that I bought new for I think it was $700. With a pontoon you can put a trolling motor I like I did. The thing with the pontoon is that it take a long time to set up once you get to the lake. My brother and I had one each, it took us about and an hour to complete set it up at the lake. When I was on the water I was very comfortable. I enjoyed it very much on the water, moving around the lake with a motor, but then when it come to set up and brake down it sucked. Had to get out to the lake an extra hour earlier. There is alot of thing you gotta bring for the pontoon, forget one then your ***** out.

Then I brought a kayak, $500 used with paddle and seat an awesome deal I might say. Something about using my own strength to power the boat make me fell one with nature. Very easy to maneuver on the water. Fast and easy to unload to the water, and upload to the SUV.
the con about the kayak is - man is my arm tired after a long day on the water. Second is my kayak is 15 feet long and take up alot of room in a garage. Kayaks there is alway a possibility that it might flip or you can fall over. It happen to me only once because I drop my pole and drove in to try and get it.

Over, you should be happy with any one you chose,
I personally have not use the pontoon since I bought the kayak,
also it might be because my tags on the pontoon is expired

I ramble on a little, but just PM me if you have any question

Z-TUNAKILLER
08-08-2007, 08:21 AM
Hey Now rocklee, thanks for the info, i have a 2nd vehicle an old van so i think i'll be hauling it fully assembled.

what tags are needed for toon ?

thanks,
Z

FISH ON !

rocklee
08-08-2007, 10:33 AM
the tag is the boat registration
you got to register the pontoon if you want to put a motor on it.
It does not cost much, I just haven't came around to doing it.

If your gonna take it fully assemble then it well be great!
That will save alot of time, drop then go!

Z-TUNAKILLER
08-08-2007, 11:54 AM
ok thanks, where do you register, i'll be putting a trolling motor on it ?

Z

FISH ON !

rocklee
08-09-2007, 12:39 AM
you got to register it at California DMV

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/boat/boat101.pdf

some more info
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/boatsinfo/boatreg.htm

Z-TUNAKILLER
08-09-2007, 03:10 PM
OK, thanks rock.

Z