PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio, Help!

redNeKasian
03-30-2011, 12:40 PM
hello everyone, new to fnn. I'm looking for some major help on how to catch those stripers at San Antonio. Ive been bragging to everyone how big those stripers are and how people are killing them there. Now my brothers want to come down here from sacramento and they've asked me to take them fishing this weekend. I gave it a go yesterday by myself and failed miserably. PLEASE, help. thanks.

cutbait
03-30-2011, 03:03 PM
hello everyone, new to fnn. I'm looking for some major help on how to catch those stripers at San Antonio. Ive been bragging to everyone how big those stripers are and how people are killing them there. Now my brothers want to come down here from sacramento and they've asked me to take them fishing this weekend. I gave it a go yesterday by myself and failed miserably. PLEASE, help. thanks.

How did u fish it? See bass on beds?

Striper fishing at san antonio is hit and miss big time. But when its on its on.

Was there shad anywhere? The locals seem to exclusively fish live shad on points or troll shad imitations. Lots of bass guys will catch incidentals with cranks and spinnerbaits

I myself prefer a loaf of bread and floating balls of it under a bobber for those monster carp cruising the shorelines

There is a guide here on this forum that could help you if your interested. Im sure he will chime in

redNeKasian
03-30-2011, 05:49 PM
thanks. i saw like a million carp, was definitely not prepared for them though. they are HUGE. spotted a couple catfish, saw a couple bass on beds but they wanted nothing to do with me. I also ran into a school of crappie...im assuming. They were under this tree and suspended in 20ft of water. they wanted nothing to do with me either. what i really wanted were stripers though, ive seen the pics, love it. how fast or slow are you supposed to troll? i tried with soft plastic shad, crankbaits, and long skinny hard jerk baits. and how deep. i saw some shad shallow next close by a tree and that was it.

cutbait
03-30-2011, 05:57 PM
thanks. i saw like a million carp, was definitely not prepared for them though. they are HUGE. spotted a couple catfish, saw a couple bass on beds but they wanted nothing to do with me. I also ran into a school of crappie...im assuming. They were under this tree and suspended in 20ft of water. they wanted nothing to do with me either. what i really wanted were stripers though, ive seen the pics, love it. how fast or slow are you supposed to troll? i tried with soft plastic shad, crankbaits, and long skinny hard jerk baits. and how deep. i saw some shad shallow next close by a tree and that was it.

Those bass on beds will bite. Hit them on the head with a jig. Sounds like water clarity is excellent!

Everything you said is music to my ears. Keep doing what your doing and it WILL pay off, your doing it right

troll as slow as you can.

redNeKasian
03-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Those bass on beds will bite. Hit them on the head with a jig. Sounds like water clarity is excellent!

Everything you said is music to my ears. Keep doing what your doing and it WILL pay off, your doing it right

troll as slow as you can.

omg, water clarity was amazing, atleast 10-12ft. how about a clue on what y'all use? :)

hookjaw77
03-30-2011, 10:52 PM
There are no stripers in that lake! Unless you are with T/O.

redNeKasian
03-31-2011, 12:08 AM
There are no stripers in that lake! Unless you are with T/O.

i see...it'd be nice if someone told me some of the secrets.

redNeKasian
04-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Okay, our day at San Antonio wasn't bad but could've been so much more. we started off the morning by going after that school of crappie i found a week ago, they were still there and they still wanted nothing to do with us. Then i told them about the carp that i saw so we went to those areas and used the bread from our lunches to try and catch them. The carp were to busy getting it on. While they were doing that, i decided to fall back to what i know, Bassin'. I spent the next few hours killing smallmouth. After about 4 hours and 12 smallmouths later, we decided to see if the the stripers wanted to play. We found a couple schools of fish close to the dam which we assumed to be striper, but they were pretty tight lipped though. anyway, just wanted to give y'all an update.