PDA

View Full Version : Fishing club garage sale !!!

Nessie Hunter
03-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Large Fishing clubs annual Garage sale. Always some great stuff as every one cleans out the old so they can bring in the new..
Reels, rods, terminal tackle galore!!
All kinds of non fishing things also..

Date-Saturday, April 2
Huntington Beach CA 92647
Time 7 am-Noon

Cross Streets-Slater and Edwards.
Garage door opens at 7 AM.

ghetto dad
03-30-2011, 03:21 PM
yeah i MIGHT hit that up for a very short time before i have to head to Reseda byt 830 Nessie....

thanks man

GD

Nessie Hunter
03-30-2011, 05:37 PM
yeah i MIGHT hit that up for a very short time before i have to head to Reseda byt 830 Nessie....

thanks man

GD

I have been to this last couple of years. Scored big time!!
Been waiting for it this year for weeks!!!!
Cant make it this year, be out of state... (CRAP!!)...

Wildhorse1966
03-31-2011, 02:19 PM
been waiting for this for a month already .. word is that there is alot of reels for sale this year

Fishtaco
04-01-2011, 06:42 PM
been there last two times and scored some nice tackles.

ghetto dad
04-01-2011, 08:30 PM
since i cant afford to fish saltwater anymore, Im going to be looking for FW gear....guys that have been to these..do they even sell FW gear...or am i just wasting my time???

thanks!

GD

oomicha3loo
04-01-2011, 08:57 PM
saltwater gears aren't too expensive..i know a buddy and all he uses is squidder and jigmaster, and 1 4/0,1 6/0
all think all his gears = 1 used accurate

BassFreak
04-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Yes, there will be plenty of freshwater gear and tackle..

TSHARKSLAP
04-01-2011, 09:09 PM
What exactly is this sale how big of a sale is it ? Never been or heard of it but its not far from my house maybe 20 minits any specifics would be helpfull?

Fishtaco
04-02-2011, 01:28 PM
it's basically items donated by club members and sponsors to raise money for the club. there's normally 4-6 tables (3'x6') of tackles and reels.

ghetto dad
04-02-2011, 02:15 PM
good note..the guys there were really cool guys...saw glen.....but they didnt have much for sale this year..other than a LOT of "misc" stuff...but not what i was expecting after hearing about this annual deal....did have a few nice SW rods, but other than that.....not a hell of a lot :( Maybe next year.....

GD

Kimbo
04-02-2011, 07:13 PM
I grab a good handful of stuff for $7. Can't beat that!

joker
04-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Large Fishing clubs annual Garage sale. Always some great stuff as every one cleans out the old so they can bring in the new..
Reels, rods, terminal tackle galore!!
All kinds of non fishing things also..

Date-Saturday, April 2
Huntington Beach CA 92647
Time 7 am-Noon

Cross Streets-Slater and Edwards.
Garage door opens at 7 AM.

hey when are they having another sale?? i have been looking for a fishing swaptmeet call or text me with the next date please @ 714 651-7347 Ruben

bruce watson
04-02-2011, 08:44 PM
With this swap meet over, the next one will be the Dan Hernandez Youth foundation. I've heard that it might be in May. No other details, watch their site. As you might recall, they had hundreds of rods and reels donated when they were robbed last year. Some of the stuff donated was good high ticket salt and freshwater gear. Most of that was used adult size stuff not very useable for kids. To make money they plan on selling all that and buying child size equipment. Last spring they also had about 15 to 20 booths rented out to small time dealers and people who just wanted to sell some gear. I'll keep my ears open and post as soon as I hear anything.

oomicha3loo
04-02-2011, 09:41 PM
With this swap meet over, the next one will be the Dan Hernandez Youth foundation. I've heard that it might be in May. No other details, watch their site. As you might recall, they had hundreds of rods and reels donated when they were robbed last year. Some of the stuff donated was good high ticket salt and freshwater gear. Most of that was used adult size stuff not very useable for kids. To make money they plan on selling all that and buying child size equipment. Last spring they also had about 15 to 20 booths rented out to small time dealers and people who just wanted to sell some gear. I'll keep my ears open and post as soon as I hear anything.
Yeah if you can lmk or pm me, i'm trying to pick up some better gears for my bud

NY4Reels!
04-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Hey GD and Kimbo

Thanks for coming by! Hope you found someting interesting to take home.

Sorry I wasn't there long enought to chat as I went on a doughnut run. For some reason this year there weren't as many rods and boating stuff, but we had lots of miscellaneous plastics, hard baits, lures, low end reels etc., unlike last year.

Kimbo
04-04-2011, 08:30 AM
I saw you show up with that box of doughnuts. I was talking to a taller guy. Had to struggle not to buy that 9' ulua for $80