PDA

View Full Version : 3-26-11 Quick Report (NO PICS!!!)

TaperSteve
03-29-2011, 10:52 AM
My Daughter April and I fished from 10am to 1pm. We trolled various lures all dipped/soaked in Bite-On Garlic. Water has cooled down since last week to 57-59 degrees. April caught her limit of 3 trout and Dad caught 1 trout and 1 crappie.

This weekend the Vine is having their last Masters Qualifier of the season, the Berkley Cup! The fishing should be "on the hook" + lots of awesome prizes. A small group of us will be camping/BBQin the line the night before. Come join us for some good times and great fishing at the Vine!

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?55132-Berkley-Cup-Pre-Party&p=533221#post533221

Hope to see ya'll out there this weekend!!!
:Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana:

TaperSteve

Seņor.Chilax
03-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Way to go! Real nice of you to put your girl on some fish... not like it was that hard with TrollerSteve as your daddy. Keep them coming!

ghetto dad
03-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Nice job putting the kid on some fish brother......

GD

troutdog
03-30-2011, 01:39 AM
Thanks for all the reports this season Steve, been fishing through your experiences this year...see you Friday night though!

TD

5150fishn
03-31-2011, 09:42 AM
Good job putting your daughter on the fish Steve. I can't wait until my daughter gets a little older so I can take her out there. Good luck this weekend bro. I hope you get one of the last coveted Masters spots. You have earned it!

kidlogan
04-01-2011, 07:21 PM
WELL FINALLY got on the fish at Irvine! Thanks TaperSteve for the pointers, I am a true believer now. Newer to the lake (and fishing at that) and the 4th time was a charm! Not really sure what we did differently, other than the garlic dip on the lures on the troll. Got out there about 8am, dumped the boat in, and within 5 mins from the dock, whamo, first fish on! But lost it...I looked at my buddy Chuck and said "lets not let the story be we lost the first fish and didnt get a bite after that the whole day!" After about another 20 mins, another fish on, they seemed to love the bubble gum Daiwa! Boated than one and long story short, caught 6, lost 3 the rest of the day. Largest was a little over 5lbs, others averaged 3lbs. Funniest thing was the 5lber came on his son's Zebco caster with a orange spoon near the dock by the bait dunkers! It hit that lure about 10ft from the boat and Chuck's face lit up like the 4th of July. Hit another in the same spot on that damn bubble gum Daiwa on the cast. Good lure, just make sure to change out the stock hooks with something stronger!