PDA

View Full Version : Canyon Lake Skunk AGAIN 3.28.11

October
03-28-2011, 07:42 PM
ok i took everyone's suggestions. I mainly fished all around the boat docks flipping watermelon pepper senkos wacky rigged, black and purple curly tail worms, CA420 sweet beavers, etc.

i would let the bait hit the bottom and then bounce it a few times and then do SLOW retrieve then repeat. not a single bite.

what in the world am i doing wrong? I like need someone to come with me and show me the ropes on this lake. fished mainly by that tunnel causeway. tried a few dock harbors too. what gives!?

AngryAgent
03-28-2011, 08:05 PM
It may be nothing that you are doing but just the fish do not want your offerings or they aren't around. Bass can be the most finicky of all fish and figuring them out can sometimes drive an angler crazy. That's one of the many reasons they are so prized especially the bigger ones. Keep up the work and it will pay off. Everyone has to pay their dues.

spoon2610
03-28-2011, 08:32 PM
October get me in Canyon and we can slay together. I know a few tricks. I usually go to the north entrance and fish.

RUHROH!!!!!
03-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Hey dude this time of year if you don't get them on the shallow shore end of the dock try drop shotting the end of the dock in deeper water...... I own canyon my uncle has lived there for 7 years and let's just say I know what im talking about. They also love the jerk bait on the ski jump lake this time of year.

October
03-28-2011, 08:50 PM
ski jump? is that the very north side of the lake? Super brown wateR?

I just cant pin point what baits to use, colors, how to rig, etc. For a lake that produces so much fish its been by far the hardest for me for some reason.

also, where do crappie like to hang out? What jigs do they bite?

p.s. Im out in a fishing canoe so anywhere is accessible.

Quest 4 Fish
03-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Can you tube that lake at night? Does anyone know?

exfactor
03-28-2011, 09:35 PM
rattle traps would be a good choice with the dirty water

Danny300
03-28-2011, 10:36 PM
if you can't catch fish out of canyon lake........it's time to give up fishing, because there is no hope for you LMAO

October
03-29-2011, 03:13 AM
tell me how

KingShad
03-29-2011, 09:38 AM
My friend wins alot of the tournaments there. He fishes cranks 90% of the time. Last time I was there with him we caught around 40. Was evening time.

October
03-29-2011, 10:44 AM
My friend wins alot of the tournaments there. He fishes cranks 90% of the time. Last time I was there with him we caught around 40. Was evening time.

See I mainly fish with cranks too but everyone was tellin me that softbaits were the ticket here. Do you happen to know what types of cranks? Deep divers? Chartreuse? Shad? etc etc

RUHROH!!!!!
03-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Actually scratch that thought. Next time your there ask any one you see at the lake where the three pipe's are. The shad are running there right now and you will find bass, crappie, catfish, and basically anything that swim's in the lake at that location......... and make sure you tell them large marge sent ya!