PDA

View Full Version : Hard One Fish Day/Chupacabra Sighting?

CL SmooV
03-28-2011, 11:52 AM
I went to the Goon yesterday knowing it would be tough. Fished all my spots on the lake until I yielded (finally) one bass on the drop by mid afternoon.

Met Lip Ripper out there. Hey dude let me know the next time you hit the goon up....

Earlier, while walking to various spots, I thought I was going to be rich and be featured on animal planet.... From a few feet away I came across this creature. Thought it was the infamous Chupacabra!

When I got closer it turned out to be a racoon.

Anybody wanna take a crack on how it turned out like this? I dont

radray
03-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Good job on the fish bro and what an interesting picture of the dead raccoon. Probably a disease killed it.

exfactor
03-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Looks like a possum to me bro. Was he really playin dead?

fishinone
03-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Great job beating the skunk.

I think a bass probably grabbed the raccoon. LOL

Bassnman Mike
03-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Way to beat the skunk. Are you sure that wasnt a Chupacabra?, HA!

FishinElectrician
03-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Nice fish, Smoov! What did you get em on???

Im headed out there on Saturday, man. Let me know if you can make it!!!

Agro
03-29-2011, 12:24 AM
I saw that thing on Saturday when I was there, I think it's a possum.

CL SmooV
03-29-2011, 10:47 AM
I saw that thing on Saturday when I was there, I think it's a possum.

I thought so too upon glance, but after I got a close up on the incisors and other teeth, I knew it was a racoon.

Plus the muscle content on that thing indicates to me its a racoon.

reservoir dog
03-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Looks more like a possum and Chupacabra has hind legs like a dog. Funny you came across this because I recently saw this thing on tv about the Montauk Monster:

http://www.montauk-monster.com/

Either way not a pretty site and good catch man!

Ambassadorhawg
03-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Hey!!! That's my dog, Spot! Sleeping on the job again, isn't he? How typical....

Fisho
03-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Looks like someone skinned it already.

DodgersFan
03-30-2011, 12:41 AM
ya i saw that also reservoir dog. definitely a coon

jiggaman
03-30-2011, 05:51 PM
looks like herberts dog on family guy lol

smokehound
03-31-2011, 05:29 AM
Dang, look at the contorted pose. This thing died in terrible agony. Knowing the region, it possibly attempted to prey on a diamondback.

or it could be rabies. Raccoons are known for a high incidence of rabies.

This doesnt appear to have been skinned. Notice how the ear and nose are intact? Also notice the smooth appearance? if it were skinned, it wouldn't have that "smooth" look.

Nice fish, smoov.

cutbait
03-31-2011, 05:53 AM
Nice job cl smmmooootthhh

looks like a racoon to me.

I don't care how this sounds, I'm just gonna say it and don't care how the responses come back, cause I know in my heart of heart what I saw. Almost everytime I tell someone they snicker and hold back a laugh

I have seen the "chupacabra", which I'm not sure isn't a coyote with a genetic issue/slight change.

It is hairless, looks like it has elephant skin.. {rough looking} when it runs it is really like a prance. Longated ears like a hyena, hiena.. {I don't know how to spell it} Elongated hind legs more like a kangaroo.

smokehound
03-31-2011, 10:52 AM
Nice job cl smmmooootthhh

looks like a racoon to me.

I don't care how this sounds, I'm just gonna say it and don't care how the responses come back, cause I know in my heart of heart what I saw. Almost everytime I tell someone they snicker and hold back a laugh

I have seen the "chupacabra", which I'm not sure isn't a coyote with a genetic issue/slight change.

It is hairless, looks like it has elephant skin.. {rough looking} when it runs it is really like a prance. Longated ears like a hyena, hiena.. {I don't know how to spell it} Elongated hind legs more like a kangaroo.You just described me. ****. Jigs up. Pass me a goat, eh?

HunterAndy
03-31-2011, 01:59 PM
This is actually a possum. Racoons have a thicker tail. This is a disease that has struck the dead animal. It is found in coyotes, raccoons, possums, foxes and creatures like this. I had actually seen a documentary about this. That's how I know.

smokehound
03-31-2011, 11:51 PM
This is actually a possum. Racoons have a thicker tail. This is a disease that has struck the dead animal. It is found in coyotes, raccoons, possums, foxes and creatures like this. I had actually seen a documentary about this. That's how I know.Who was hosting this alleged documentary... Mr Magoo? This is definitely NOT an opossum. It's a Raccoon. opossums have opposable thumbs on their hind-legs...

On a Raccoon's tail, 25 percent of what you see is all fur. The Tail of the virginia opossum is actually longer and LARGER than a Raccoon's!

Also, an opossum's legs are short and equal sizes, normally a common trait amongst most marsupials (Well, excluding the obvious ones..)..

Raccoons have anatomy much like a Miniature bear. very VERY different, and as this corpse in the photo clearly shows, also like bears, Raccoons often have a large Cranium in comparison to the muzzle., while the virginia opossum has virtually no forehead. The closest looking thing to an opossum body is a Rat's body....

stg68
04-01-2011, 06:33 AM
I went to the Goon yesterday knowing it would be tough. Fished all my spots on the lake until I yielded (finally) one bass on the drop by mid afternoon.

Met Lip Ripper out there. Hey dude let me know the next time you hit the goon up....

Earlier, while walking to various spots, I thought I was going to be rich and be featured on animal planet.... From a few feet away I came across this creature. Thought it was the infamous Chupacabra!

nice one Charles:LOL::LOL::Razz::Razz:

brycek1984
04-01-2011, 02:10 PM
racoon me think.

LuvThymetal
04-01-2011, 11:07 PM

Where you at Hansen Dam this Thursday ?

CL SmooV
04-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Where you at Hansen Dam this Thursday ?

no. i wish i was fishing this past thursday. i was at work.

only been there once.