PDA

View Full Version : Kern river and Isabella lake

Fishin Magician
03-28-2011, 07:44 AM
With weekly stockings the fishing on the kern is really picking up. Although not wide open, most who are willing to put in a little time and effort should be able to easily limit. Salmon eggs, power bait and night crawlers are all working well. Artificials are also working.
The flow is up but still very Fishable. Water clarity is good.
I had Beeracuda and his friends at my place this weekend and they did well even in the less than desirable weather.
Isabella lake is rising daily but was fishing well before the weekend for trout. Rumors of crappie deep near the marinas continue. Expect the fishing to get better with the weather warming this week. Expect the bite to pick up in the next few weeks. Bass and catfish are slow.

TROUT MASTERS
03-28-2011, 07:05 PM
thanks for all your info

spoon2610
03-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the report, were heading out there the end of the month for some crappie slaying!!!!! Do you know of any good camping spot?

Bassnman Mike
03-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Good to see ya back. I'm heading over tomorrow.

Bassnman Mike
03-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the report, were heading out there the end of the month for some crappie slaying!!!!! Do you know of any good camping spot?

Its getting real close to the end of the month, good luck to ya. Plenty of camping spots around the lake, some pay, some free. What type of camping were you looking to do?

spoon2610
03-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Its getting real close to the end of the month, good luck to ya. Plenty of camping spots around the lake, some pay, some free. What type of camping were you looking to do?

A clean paying camping spot for tents

Fishin Magician
03-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Been busy trying to keep the business afloat all winter but it looks like we will be here another season.
Good luck tomorrow. Water temp is 50 degrees below the thermocline. About 5 more degrees and it should bust open.
Mike said it about the camping. What do you need? Comfort or waterfront?

Fishin Magician
03-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Just saw your post. Pioneer point at French gulch is nice. Camp 9, paradise cove, auxiliary dam and stone cove are also open but pretty much just dirt. They are waterfront if this what you want.

Skaguy04
03-28-2011, 11:34 PM
I will be heading out the Kern and Issy tomorrow am as well

Piss on Myspace
03-29-2011, 01:32 AM
thanks for the update

spoon2610
03-29-2011, 02:22 AM
Just saw your post. Pioneer point at French gulch is nice. Camp 9, paradise cove, auxiliary dam and stone cove are also open but pretty much just dirt. They are waterfront if this what you want.
Thanks fishin Magician

HunterAndy
03-29-2011, 01:58 PM
I smell a Kern river trip coming up soon...

tracker16
03-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Im glad your back I enjoy your reports from the lake i plan on hitting it hot and heavy this year. Last year was a great crappy yearfor the lake, but not many trout, I trol most allways cought crappy, cat fish and even some large sacramento pike minnos looking for word to this year.
are you still runing the lodge in Kernville, if so I will drop by. GOOD LUCK.

Mojave River Angler
03-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Ya, thanks for all the info guys. I must have hit Izzy 8-10 times last year. Looking forward to this year...only this time with REAL boat. Last year we got on the lake in a whitewater raft and a kayak. We did good, but pushing around the lake on a trolling motor was getting old. A friend and I picked up a 1970 Glastron V-156 that we are restoring. 60 HP Evinrude works ok. We are completely restoring the trailer now...will work on that boat over time. Not sure that we'll be ready for the water by derby time...but we'll be there no matter what. Hope we get a break from the weather this year.
And as a final note...don't forget that the North shore drive is closed over by Stine Cove until they complete repairs. Someone told me that you can still get to Stine from the East end. Can someone verify?
MRA

Bassnman Mike
03-30-2011, 04:26 PM
And as a final note...don't forget that the North shore drive is closed over by Stine Cove until they complete repairs. Someone told me that you can still get to Stine from the East end. Can someone verify?
MRA

You are correct, Stine cove is accessible from the east, you just cant drive past Stine cove to camp 9. If you want to go to camp 9 you have to take the long way to Kernville then back.