PDA

View Full Version : Bassin in the Lagoon... 3-27-11

Slick Rick
03-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Decided to meet up with a buddy from work and try the lagoon for the first time. We launched out of the south beach area and started working our way north. Spent about 4 hours making the trip up doing a zig zag motion to try and locate the depth the fish seemed to prefer. Threw everything I had at them with little luck... tried the jerk baits, dozens of worm patterns on the drop and texas rig, along with some jigs, spinners, and cranks.

Ended up landing the only fish of the day on a 6" Morning Dawn(?) Robo.

Talked to another guys that was doing decent on the darker patterns.
No big fish today but let me tell you... after all the work we put in today that little sucker was rewarding!!!
Here's a couple pics... thanks for reading.

-Rick

BIGBASS MB
03-27-2011, 08:33 PM
YOU DIDN'T GET SKUNKED, THATS A GOOD THING...
This time of the season can be hit or miss, with the warmer temps coming next week it should improve...
Thanks for the report.
MB

SDDave
03-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Hey Slick Rick from what you wrote you gave em he'll, emptied the box can't do much more then that.
Got one, no skunk.
I went out late, launched at 4 made a lap around the from the launch to paradise cove, metered a few fish, no bite on a scounger/Yamamoto combo in dark brown, pretty funny the bridge was line with fisherman dipping in a foot of water, wonder if they caught anything, I alway thought it was a no no up there,
Must not be the, by the time I watch the 40th sheriff vehicle drive past there in a hour halts time nobody kicked them off.
I got 2 fish in front of Hobie beach, metered a nice arch and dropped a crawdad down and it hammered as soon as hit bottom, worked it some more with the srounger and got another one about 2 ish
Then back to tree point then left as the lake was closing.
As said above in the post above, little bit of warm weather and things will get back on track.

Big G
03-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Hey Dave my buddy Captain Morgan saw one of those guys hooking up when he drove by. Though about it, but did'nt want to chance a ticket.

Piss on Myspace
03-27-2011, 10:17 PM
good job sticking it out. it tough right now, but it seems as if your patience was rewarded....congrats on beating the skunk

Slick Rick
03-28-2011, 06:50 AM
I also saw a couple fish pulled from the bridge... it was my first time there but my fishing buddy was under the impression that was a no no as well.

Like you SDDave... I saw many sheriffs go by without blinking an eye.

Thanks again for reading guys... My first post in this section and I appreciate the warm welcome.

-Rick

FishinElectrician
03-28-2011, 09:58 AM
I was out there yesterday wit my cousin and his stepson. We were fishin the east shore , just north of the pier.

Did any of you guys see a pair of Oriental gentleman walking along the eastern bank around 11am, each toting a cooler over their shoulder? These guys were prowling the shoreline looking for Bass beds, but were having no luck. (Thank goodness...)

Also got to meet CL Smoov for the first time.

Smoov, get at me, pimp!!!

Surfer
03-28-2011, 11:32 AM
I was out there on Saturday and the 5 gallon white bucket Asians were out there in full force. I even saw one guy catch a sublegal bass on live nightcrawler and throw it in the bucket. Yelled at him but he just ignored us.

CL SmooV
03-28-2011, 12:03 PM
I seen those guys too. They have been coming out for the spring for a few years now.

One day last year they were tossing an unsual rig set up, and were intentionally tossing it a few feet away from a guys motorless boat with his kids in it. He asked the guy to please be careful and the dude kept casting 2 feet away from his boat!

The dude starting cussin' in the boat and paddled over to him to kisk his !@#. The asian dude THEN got the hint and hit the trail really quick. I thought I was gonna have to break up a fight.

I've seen these guys with stringers of bass and even tried to preach CPR to one but it was useless.

As for the bridge I always thought it was off limits. I asked the life guard and she said shore fishing "starts" at the bridge then continues along the east shoreline. I wonder if its truly valid. Sheriffs did drive by without saying a thing on sunday.

Anglerfish
03-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Good Job on the catch Slick. It was a long day of switching up bait's and kicking our @&#'s off. Later to find out my brother and his son were slammin the trout at F&F!! Next weekend should be more productive at the Lagoon.

As far as the bridge, I know for a fact that in earlier years it was off limits. Maybe something has changed or the local authority just gave up on trying to keep people from fishing off it???????