PDA

View Full Version : Tube Friendly Lakes

See Chris Fish
03-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Feel free to update/add to this list:

Fresh Water Launches:

Big Bear Lake - Lake fishing in the San Bernardino Mountains.
Lake Silverwood - Lake fishing in the San Bernardino Mountains.
Jenks Lake - Lake fishing in the San Bernadino Mountains
Lake Perris - Lake fishing in Riverside County.
Puddingstone resv. - Lake fishing in LA County.
Laguna Niguel Lake - Pay Lake fishing in Orange County.
Irvine Lake - Pay Lake fishing in Orange County.
Santa Ana River Lakes - Pay Lake fishing in Orange County.
Corona Lake - Pay lake in Riverside County
Lake Gregory - Lake fishing in San Bernardino Mountains
Castiac Lagoon
Santa Fe Res.
Jess Ranch Lakes - Lake fishing in Apple Valley
Lake Pyramid
Lake Piru

San Diego lakes:

Lake Barrett
Lake Cuyamaca
El Capitan Res.
Lake Hodges
Lake Jennings
Lake Miramar
Lake Morena
Lake Murray
Upper Otay Res.
Lake Poway
Santee Lakes
San Vicente Res.
Sutherland Res.
Lake Wohlford

Nessie Hunter
03-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Just a quick look, I see:
BBL need to buy a pass to Tube.
Lake Arrowhead is Members only lake ~ closed to public~!!!

the killa fish taco
03-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Chris, When are we gonna hit one up?

5150fishn
03-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Chris, You know you want to add Lost Lake in the Cajon Pass! LOL .........Not!!!!!!!!

Piss on Myspace
03-26-2011, 05:26 AM
Gregory-free to fish, but does have a $5 launch fee.

Jess Ranch- can only tube the BASS lake (C&R only)...partner needed....$20 for 4 hours

Bassnman Mike
03-26-2011, 06:41 AM
Lake Isabella, free launching. Just dont venture to far from shore because you dont want to get caught out there when the wind picks up. The nice thing is if they are not biting at one spot, load the tube in your truck and drive to another, its a pretty big lake.

fishtales
03-26-2011, 03:44 PM
San Vincente Reservoir in San Diego is closed for dam upgrade. Probably won't reopen until 2016.

SD Pirate
03-26-2011, 04:07 PM
You can't tube Wholford,Santee or Poway any more

gogreeenz4
03-28-2011, 10:02 AM
are there any lakes that are personal poontoon freindly??

EL_CHIDO
03-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Peck Road - Lake fishing in LA County.

Popped my cherry here!

tacklejunkie
04-01-2011, 08:33 AM
are there any lakes that are personal poontoon freindly??
Most of them that will allow tubes will allow "pontoons" in the inflatable personal watercraft style. (Kickboats?, Pontubes? Wannabe bassboat Kayaks? whatever the damn things are called now days haha)

Wishing I didn't sell mine right now.

gogreeenz4
04-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Most of them that will allow tubes will allow "pontoons" in the inflatable personal watercraft style. (Kickboats?, Pontubes? Wannabe bassboat Kayaks? whatever the damn things are called now days haha)

Wishing I didn't sell mine right now.

i was gonna get a kayak but i think ima opt out of that and get a personal pontoon due to the fact it is allowed in a lot more lakes like sarl doesnt let kayaks correct? a toon i can go to all the local lakes and the salt and kayak i can only go in the salt

tacklejunkie
04-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Toons are cool if you have a truck and don't have to take it apart ever and you have an easy way to dump them in the water.

I had one a while back. Look up some of my old posts... you'll find it was for sale here.. and lots of big fish I caught on it.

I've been thinking about a Kayak myself now days.
Throw it in the water and it's ready.
This inflating and assembling is for the birds. Time wasted I can use to get the early fish.

Everywhere I fish I can Kayak. (legally or not)

I just found one for $99 that is 5 feet long that I think would be perfect for what I need actually lol.
A little tiny sit-on that I can bolt infiltrating bass stuff to and shove in a car if I have to.

Surfnsnowboard3
04-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Add a lake....Fisherman's retreat in Beaumont/Redlands (unincorperated).

RiverWalker
04-05-2011, 01:34 PM
I have a list for you....All in the Eastern Sierras off the 395. Some I've already fished from a tube and some that I frequently fished from shore but wished I brought my tube.

Intake 2 (Bishop creek canyon)
North Lake (Bishop creek canyon)
Pleasant Valley Res (If you want to make the hike in)
Crowley Lake!!
Convict Lake
Any of Mammoth Lakes (Lake George, Mamie, Mary, or Twins)
Sotcher Lake (Red Meadows area in Mammoth)
Gull Lake (June loop)
Silver Lake (June loop)
Grant Lake (June Loop)
Little Virginia Lake (Lee Vining area)
Big Virginia Lake (Lee Vining area)

Liteweight
04-12-2011, 03:07 AM
I have a list for you....All in the Eastern Sierras off the 395. Some I've already fished from a tube and some that I frequently fished from shore but wished I brought my tube.

Intake 2 (Bishop creek canyon)
North Lake (Bishop creek canyon)
Pleasant Valley Res (If you want to make the hike in)
Crowley Lake!!
Convict Lake
Any of Mammoth Lakes (Lake George, Mamie, Mary, or Twins)
Sotcher Lake (Red Meadows area in Mammoth)
Gull Lake (June loop)
Silver Lake (June loop)
Grant Lake (June Loop)
Little Virginia Lake (Lee Vining area)
Big Virginia Lake (Lee Vining area)

You forgot;
Lundy
Twins @ Bridgeport
Bridgeport Res.

RiverWalker
04-15-2011, 01:30 PM
You're right about that! I actually purposely left those lakes off my list since I was listing lakes that I would want or have enjoyed float tubing on. I few others I left off from the Bishop area to Bridgeport are Sabrina lake, South Lake, Rock Creek Lake, Laurel Lakes (which I would love to tube), Starkweather, June Lake, Ellery, and Saddlebag. Personally, I look at 3 different factors when choosing a lake to tube. #1..Quality and Quantity of fish in the lake. #2 Scenery. #3 Size of the lake. Ideally I would want a fairly small lake that's surrounded by alpine trees and mountains that's loaded with all Alpers, Browns, Brookies, and Cutty's. =) Virginia Lakes is one of my personal favorites. Except it doesn't hold any Cuttys. As far as quantity and quality is concerned. You could never go wrong with Crowley Lake. I just hate the scenery around me, the heat, and the size of the Lake.

You forgot;
Lundy
Twins @ Bridgeport
Bridgeport Res.

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
04-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Another So Cal lake.....Elizabeth, great right now for the hold-over trout planted last year. Some as big as 17 inches because of the food supply in that lake (scuds and aquatic insects). Trout can grow quite fast there. Haven't been there this year yet, but I'll bet they are there, pink meat and all.
TTFM