PDA

View Full Version : how is eldo?

troutking
03-24-2011, 09:21 PM
how is the bite at eldo? Thinking about heading out there saturday

viking172
03-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Been slow as of late on the bass, not sure on other species.

troutking
03-24-2011, 10:37 PM
oh okay...guess it hasnt heated up yet for eldo...anyone know about the bluegills?

sshernandez
03-25-2011, 12:05 AM
I went last week and there was an easy 20 bass fishermen.. I just walked around the lake and went home.. The water is red on the back but I did see some bass get taken out and I seen two dead ones too.. Good luck if you go

Slick Rick
03-25-2011, 09:34 AM
I've been working on El Dorado for the past few weeks every couple days.

I have not seen any bedding fish YET. Although others have stated they have.

Catch rate is low... hit and miss. I've had to go threw an entire arsenal of techniques and baits before I've got one to hit and each and every day has been different.

dfisher
03-25-2011, 11:00 AM
whats with the red water? which lake?

heydaad
03-26-2011, 08:52 AM
I go a couple of times a week ... storms and runoff have stained the lakes badly. Only success I've seen has been with fire-tiger raps, and noisy crankbaits due to the stained water. Have seen no fish on the usual beds, they may be deeper, or confused with the weather. Most weekdays I've seen a dozen or more guys fishing the back two lakes pretty thoroughly. The only action that has been predictable is a couple of days after a trout plant, the larger bass are more active, but not easily caught. Rumors of a fish die-off last summer due to no aeration may be more fact than fiction ... we'll know soon if they don't bed in the usual places.

Throck22
03-26-2011, 10:51 AM
I go a couple of times a week ... storms and runoff have stained the lakes badly. Only success I've seen has been with fire-tiger raps, and noisy crankbaits due to the stained water. Have seen no fish on the usual beds, they may be deeper, or confused with the weather. Most weekdays I've seen a dozen or more guys fishing the back two lakes pretty thoroughly. The only action that has been predictable is a couple of days after a trout plant, the larger bass are more active, but not easily caught. Rumors of a fish die-off last summer due to no aeration may be more fact than fiction ... we'll know soon if they don't bed in the usual places.

I went on thurs. fished the main lake and couldnt catch anything. So i decided to hit up the back lake and within a few cast a started to get little nibbles but they just wouldnt eat. I was working texas rigged worms dragging on the bottom VERY slow. Went home skunked!!

HA420
03-26-2011, 01:01 PM
actually the crappie or bluegill (whichever one is in their) are pushed up right along the shore behind the sticks to the left of the ranger station(behind the lil building between the 2nd and 3rd lake by the bridge). Saw some little kids literally just pulling em out with one of those little ice fishing looking poles. (i seen em pull like literally 20 of em in 10 mins)

troutking
03-26-2011, 01:20 PM
actually the crappie or bluegill (whichever one is in their) are pushed up right along the shore behind the sticks to the left of the ranger station(behind the lil building between the 2nd and 3rd lake by the bridge). Saw some little kids literally just pulling em out with one of those little ice fishing looking poles. (i seen em pull like literally 20 of em in 10 mins)

is that recent? is the 2nd lake the peddle boat lake? Do u mean the bridge next to the canal thing or the one behind all the tules? Do u have a diagram of which lake is which lol? Ive been erading of #2 #3 but ive never known which was which

HA420
03-26-2011, 01:36 PM
2nd lake = paddle boat lake, 3rd lake = back lake with all the tulles, best description i can give of where i saw the lil ones getting pulled like crazy is basically where the 2nd and 3rd lake connect, but the kids were pitching into the back of the tulles in the 2nd lake where the water runs into the 3rd lake ( that little power box building thing thats right by the weeds on the 2nd lake)

troutking
03-26-2011, 01:42 PM
yea ino what ur talking about now....recently? how long ago?

HA420
03-26-2011, 01:50 PM
this was last weekend i saw it going down....funny thing was the kids were using this like 2ft long ice fishing pole and just literally dropping the bait in front of the fish then lifting em out

troutking
03-26-2011, 03:16 PM
The rain probably messed up that bite but ill head out tomorrow or later today..thanks for the info man

Throck22
03-26-2011, 06:13 PM
#3 is the main lake with the ranger station and paddle boats.

bman90278
03-26-2011, 06:13 PM
2nd lake = paddle boat lake, 3rd lake = back lake with all the tulles, best description i can give of where i saw the lil ones getting pulled like crazy is basically where the 2nd and 3rd lake connect, but the kids were pitching into the back of the tulles in the 2nd lake where the water runs into the 3rd lake ( that little power box building thing thats right by the weeds on the 2nd lake)

Actually the peddle boat lake is the big lake and is the 3rd lake, which is Area 3.
Here is a Lakes map so no one is confused. I know I was when I first went there.

http://longbeach.gov/images/ElDoradoMap.jpg

By the way troutking, why not slay some trout right now? They are kind of in season right now. :)

Brian

HA420
03-29-2011, 09:19 PM
sry about the late response, based on my last response change lake #2 to #3 and #3 to #4 (water by glider field)

HA420
04-02-2011, 10:16 AM
so, anyone been out here lately? i might head over their in a few hours today or tomorrow.....im wondering if anyones got any tips, trying to get this damn skunk off me......usually i work the weeds by the ranger station with everything i got till i get tired then head over to the other lake and try sum pitchin into the brush with no luck either. Any help would be appreciated. *edit (looking for the lmb)

HA420
04-03-2011, 09:17 PM
beat the skunk at eldo sorta....was tossin a spinner and notice this big one following it all the way up to the cement i was fishing from.....eventually got to messing around and jigging it in its face right at the shore and it slammed it, i set the hook and pulled it out all at once my buddy tries to grab it, comes off the hook and take a flop straight into the water....so no pic for proof : / heavier than the 3 lb i pulled from alondra a few days ago.

tomah
04-04-2011, 04:02 PM
good to know! i would like to head out there soon and give it a shot

troutking
04-04-2011, 10:51 PM
beat the skunk at eldo sorta....was tossin a spinner and notice this big one following it all the way up to the cement i was fishing from.....eventually got to messing around and jigging it in its face right at the shore and it slammed it, i set the hook and pulled it out all at once my buddy tries to grab it, comes off the hook and take a flop straight into the water....so no pic for proof : / heavier than the 3 lb i pulled from alondra a few days ago.which lake? good to hear u beat the skunk

HA420
04-05-2011, 10:04 AM
i believe the third lake, ranger station lake, but i was across on the otherside from the station

fishmonster
04-06-2011, 05:30 PM
I fished there for 2 hours a week and a half ago and got one off of a carolina rig in a little deeper water right off the spawning beds. They are staging.... at least they were a wek ago. It was a dink at about 1.5 lbs but it is Eldo.

HA420
04-10-2011, 08:56 AM
i think they may be spawning already, the one i caught was very fat and only about 6 inches from shore in the tulles.....anyone been the last few days got any kind of update?

heydaad
04-10-2011, 12:18 PM
The weather has been messing with their internal clocks. Some spawned a couple of weeks ago during the warm spell. There's others staged, but the storms have got them confused I think. A good warm spell should help. The bigger males are already guarding the fry in the shallows ... and the smaller males are a little further out. Females are doing their thing when they feel like it. Off color water means you need noise and flash for them to see ... hint, hint.

tomah
04-13-2011, 06:37 AM
im heading here after work today. hope the weather is gonna be good. heading in to work today, it was kinda muggy and breezy

tomah
04-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Skunkeddddddd

troutking
04-20-2011, 04:01 PM
any reports as of late?

heydaad
04-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Hit the lakes today ... Wed. Got a pounder by the boat concession ... saw many fish off the banks all over, but they were not biting. Even tried the Horseshoe Lake ... saw jumpers, and tons of turtles ... No takers on what I was throwing. Sunshine and some clear water would help a lot.

HA420
04-22-2011, 01:13 PM
ill be out their tomorrow or sunday and ill give a report....i was ownin the skunk about a week ago at alondra. was pullin multiple fish daily from the weeds, but they bluestoned it or w/e and pulled all the weeds....bites been kinda dead except this guy who pulled a chunky for sure double digit (which i thought didnt exist in their) and a few dinky ones, needless to say im back on a skunk roll :Neutral:

bman90278
04-22-2011, 02:14 PM
ill be out their tomorrow or sunday and ill give a report....i was ownin the skunk about a week ago at alondra. was pullin multiple fish daily from the weeds, but they bluestoned it or w/e and pulled all the weeds....bites been kinda dead except this guy who pulled a chunky for sure double digit (which i thought didnt exist in their) and a few dinky ones, needless to say im back on a skunk roll :Neutral:

Fishing was fairly good for bass yesterday during the 10am to 1pm time period (overcast). There are still some trout but they are probably farther off the shore because of the bass right now.

HA420
04-25-2011, 03:56 PM
didnt manage to get out their last weekend...got skunked instead at alondra for a hour or 2, prolly give it a go this weekend for sure.

bman90278
04-25-2011, 07:02 PM
didnt manage to get out their last weekend...got skunked instead at alondra for a hour or 2, prolly give it a go this weekend for sure.

When were u at the A-pond? I was out there this morning for a short session.
U fish enough at the A-pond or Eldo and you are bound to get the skunk every so often. I guess that's what I like so much about those little lakes.

brian

HA420
04-29-2011, 08:04 PM
im out at alondra pretty often, normally out their from like 3-7....asian dude usually in a hoody would be me........headin out tomorrow morning to eldo, hopefully slay something besides skunk:Surprised:

HA420
05-07-2011, 09:47 AM
well went to eldo last weekend, looks like their in spawn / post spawn....still caught the skunk, but i did see what looked like a DD beach itself along with a trout it was chasing, both eventually flopped their way back into the drink

heydaad
05-07-2011, 07:43 PM
If you go to Eldo often enough, you see the bruisers and the aftermath of their feeding. At the far north end last week I got skunked one day, but lost a big bruiser to the bushes another day ... the Eldo is a very fishy place, and you will BE skunked almost as often as having a fishy day. Never, ever, give up ... there are DD fish, and they can be caught by us mortals, not just the local talent ... and you know who you are!

troutking
05-08-2011, 10:06 AM
If you go to Eldo often enough, you see the bruisers and the aftermath of their feeding. At the far north end last week I got skunked one day, but lost a big bruiser to the bushes another day ... the Eldo is a very fishy place, and you will BE skunked almost as often as having a fishy day. Never, ever, give up ... there are DD fish, and they can be caught by us mortals, not just the local talent ... and you know who you are!
Was it the paddle lake?

beethao
05-15-2011, 11:30 AM
went to El Dorado yesterday with my brother and two cousins. The fish were pretty active. Caught two bass, one 3lber and a 2lber on a spinnerbait and jerkbait respectively. I was fishing the paddleboat lake. Then my lil brother caught a 1lb in the back lake on a finesse spinnerbait. My cousins got the skunk, but it was interesting to see the bite pick up again.

bman90278
05-16-2011, 06:42 AM
went to El Dorado yesterday with my brother and two cousins. The fish were pretty active. Caught two bass, one 3lber and a 2lber on a spinnerbait and jerkbait respectively. I was fishing the paddleboat lake. Then my lil brother caught a 1lb in the back lake on a finesse spinnerbait. My cousins got the skunk, but it was interesting to see the bite pick up again.

Nice report. I've heard the bass bite had slowed down in the last couple of weeks, so it sounds like u did good.

beethao
05-16-2011, 06:28 PM
yep it was all about the reaction bite

HA420
05-21-2011, 08:40 AM
well ill be on my way out their today since a-pond is "no fishing" till tomorrows derby......anyone now if they dumped the cats like they were supposed too?

HA420
05-21-2011, 06:35 PM
beat the skunk, but it was a dinky lil thing, under a lb id say......thought it was a large clump of grass a few times until it jumped lol

eldo69
05-25-2011, 08:51 PM
el dorado has been the same for about 4 years. slow.

Surfer
05-25-2011, 09:33 PM
el dorado has been the same for about 4 years. slow.

Don't listen to him. ElDo is off the hook!!! Lots of hawgs there. Stay away from the a-pond unless you want to get skunked and robbed.

Man arrested after robbery near Alondra Park bathroom

Daily Breeze wire services
Posted: 05/21/2011 03:05:43 PM PDT
Updated: 05/22/2011 11:01:45 AM PDT

A pajama-clad man with a big Afro and a knife was arrested soon after he robbed a man coming out of a bathroom in a Torrance area park and fled on a skateboard, authorities said Saturday.
David McMillion of Long Beach allegedly robbed a 26-year-old man of $14 as the victim was leaving a bathroom in Alondra Park in the 3800 block of Manhattan Beach Boulevard sometime Friday.
The victim relayed the man's unusual description - light-blue pajamas and a big Afro with a red hair pick in it - to authorities, and sheriff's deputies with the Parks Bureau and El Camino College police soon arrested the suspect, deputies said.
McMillion, who had exactly $14 with him, was booked on suspicion of armed robbery at the sheriff's Century Station and locked up in lieu of $100,000 bail.

reptile dude007
05-25-2011, 10:12 PM
I was there on Saturday May 21st and I was walkking the shorline and I walked over to this guy right when he hooked into a aprox 10 lb bass on a top water frog lure. I have a picture, I just need to blank the dudes face out

dfisher
05-26-2011, 03:47 AM
I was there on Saturday May 21st and I was walkking the shorline and I walked over to this guy right when he hooked into a aprox 10 lb bass on a top water frog lure. I have a picture, I just need to blank the dudes face out

at eldo? which lake, i've only see 4-5 lbers max in those lakes..

bman90278
05-26-2011, 06:47 AM
at eldo? which lake, i've only see 4-5 lbers max in those lakes..

If u are lucky!! The big gals at Eldo are closer to 2 to 3 lb. The bass at Eldo are very few, but the scenery and birds make it worth the trip. :)

b

bman90278
05-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Don't listen to him. ElDo is off the hook!!! Lots of hawgs there. Stay away from the a-pond unless you want to get skunked and robbed.

Man arrested after robbery near Alondra Park bathroom

Daily Breeze wire services
Posted: 05/21/2011 03:05:43 PM PDT
Updated: 05/22/2011 11:01:45 AM PDT

A pajama-clad man with a big Afro and a knife was arrested soon after he robbed a man coming out of a bathroom in a Torrance area park and fled on a skateboard, authorities said Saturday.
David McMillion of Long Beach allegedly robbed a 26-year-old man of $14 as the victim was leaving a bathroom in Alondra Park in the 3800 block of Manhattan Beach Boulevard sometime Friday.
The victim relayed the man's unusual description - light-blue pajamas and a big Afro with a red hair pick in it - to authorities, and sheriff's deputies with the Parks Bureau and El Camino College police soon arrested the suspect, deputies said.
McMillion, who had exactly $14 with him, was booked on suspicion of armed robbery at the sheriff's Century Station and locked up in lieu of $100,000 bail.

That fool is now enjoying a paid hotel stay at the Los Angeles Inn over on BAUCHET STREET! He wasn't able to make bail.

reptile dude007
05-26-2011, 08:47 PM
It was much bigger in person
http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss9/MikeStroppel/Random024.jpg

dfisher
05-27-2011, 01:52 AM
nice bass. was it scaled or guestimate weight? Cause that doesn't look like a double digit bass..

bman90278
05-27-2011, 06:12 AM
nice bass. was it scaled or guestimate weight? Cause that doesn't look like a double digit bass..

I agree. Yes that is a Hawg, but it doesn't look like it has enough girth or length to be a DD. My guess is at least a couple pounds below a DD.

Either way, that's a nice pic of a headless fisherman. lol

b

reptile dude007
05-28-2011, 11:00 AM

It was a guess by me.

reptile dude007
05-28-2011, 11:02 AM
If the guy who caught it would like to charm in, please do. I suck at guessing fish weight

bman90278
05-28-2011, 12:48 PM
If the guy who caught it would like to charm in, please do. I suck at guessing fish weight

I know who the guy is and I believe he said it was just over 7 lbs. I'll give him a shout and make sure I'm correct.

b

reptile dude007
05-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Awesome, were you with him when he caught it?

bman90278
05-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Awesome, were you with him when he caught it?

No I wasn't. I sent u a PM this morning with a photo of the guy I believe it was. Please let me know either way.

thanks,
brian

Surfer
08-10-2011, 03:27 PM
It was much bigger in person
http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss9/MikeStroppel/Random024.jpg

To whoever caught that nice hawg, just ignore Dfisher and Bman. They're just jealous because they've never caught anything even close to that size and probably never will in their lifetimes.

dfisher
08-10-2011, 08:10 PM
To whoever caught that nice hawg, just ignore Dfisher and Bman. They're just jealous because they've never caught anything even close to that size and probably never will in their lifetimes.

True words coming from an internet fisherman! haha..

How is lakewood bro?

bman90278
08-12-2011, 07:46 PM

Whatever Surfer!
You will always be the only guy I have ever known that took almost a year to get the skunk off his back.

Respecfully, Brian