PDA

View Full Version : Best way to cook Crappie

the killa fish taco
03-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Just wondering since i'm planning on fishing Crappie alot this season. What are some good ways on cooking them? Post some pix if you have any of your dish. Thanks guys.

Sparky70
03-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Best way to cook Crappie is to filet them (U need a bunch, filets are small). I dip them in flour, then egg wash, then Japanese Panko mix (U can buy at local supermarket), toss em in hot oil until golden brown, take out and put them on a paper towel to absolve any oil. Then SCARF EM DOWN. They are my favorite pan-fish to eat.

ghetto dad
03-24-2011, 12:45 PM
i did another "ghetto dad" recipe aaron on rockfish and sculpin..it was BOMB everyone loved it at Fish Taco night!

grind up SOUR CREAM AND ONION PRINGLES into flour...make sure Pringles are smashed pretty good....mix together until you can smell the chips pretty well, lol

dip filets in egg....then coat...toss them in oil and fry

yum

Seņor.Chilax
03-24-2011, 02:24 PM
i did another "ghetto dad" recipe aaron on rockfish and sculpin..it was BOMB everyone loved it at Fish Taco night!

grind up SOUR CREAM AND ONION PRINGLES into flour...make sure Pringles are smashed pretty good....mix together until you can smell the chips pretty well, lol

yum

Sounds bomb! You're one ghetto dad... HAHAHA!

ghetto dad
03-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Sounds bomb! You're one ghetto dad... HAHAHA!

lmfao yeah man..stuff like that is kinda where my name started...i used to get pms from people on here thinking I thougth i was a gang leader hard core ese crip blood or something..lmao....

try it man..with any fish you fry...its really good....my daughter LOVES it lol

fish-o-haulic
03-30-2011, 07:02 PM

yum

ive tried something like that with different kinds of chips. you should try it with salt and vinegar flavor.

Thisfool
03-30-2011, 07:17 PM
i like it simple

s squeeze of lime a dash of season salt and then fry them in olive oil unitll they are just a lil past golden brown

put in a tortilla with some quesso fresco some sour cream some cilantro give another squeeze of lime and a splash of Tapatio

and you got your self some of the best fish tacos you ever had.

AngryAgent
03-30-2011, 07:19 PM
i like it simple

s squeeze of lime a dash of season salt and then fry them in olive oil unitll they are just a lil past golden brown

put in a tortilla with some quesso fresco some sour cream some cilantro give another squeeze of lime and a splash of Tapatio

and you got your self some of the best fish tacos you ever had.

This is what I'm talking about! Hell yeah.:Envious:

Big Daddy
03-30-2011, 07:21 PM
lmfao yeah man..stuff like that is kinda where my name started...i used to get pms from people on here thinking I thougth i was a gang leader hard core ese crip blood or something..lmao....

try it man..with any fish you fry...its really good....my daughter LOVES it lol

You are aren't you Brotha. lol

troutdog
03-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Another quickie is dip into egg and then coat with instant mashed potatoes before hitting the hot oil, hard to mess up crappie....awesome eating fish, but not as good as lmb! :LOL: (JUST KIDDING!!!!!!)

TD

Hometown
03-30-2011, 09:09 PM
No you didn't

another quickie is dip into egg and then coat with instant mashed potatoes before hitting the hot oil, hard to mess up crappie....awesome eating fish, but not as good as lmb! :lol: (just kidding!!!!!!)

td

Sparky70
04-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Eating LMB sucks, Crappie and Bluegill are way much better. I ditch LMB to be caught another time by Bass fishermen to brag about the weight of them

Sparky70
04-24-2011, 06:44 AM
Soundsa good to me Thisfool !