PDA

View Full Version : Ford Park saves the day!

mudskipper76
03-24-2011, 02:01 AM
started in highland this morning. lots of algae, fish were schooling, and no bedding fish. a couple of fishermen had caught a straggler trout from the derby a couple of weeks ago. i threw everything i had at the bass i did see with no takers.

still early in the day so decided to fish ford park. had fished it numerous times in the past without any success. i had pretty much written it off but after reading mestre909's 3/6/11 post, i figured i'd give it another chance. anyone who can pull bass out of this place in tops in my book.

just as i remembered it, extremely shallow and thrashed. both ponds had algae with the thicker stuff concentrated in the upper pond. some smaller bass cruising with a couple larger models mixed in. no bluegill, no minnows, hardly any life. it was a sad sight. same story as before no one interested in the lures i had. decided to tie on a trout jig, well what do you know, i managed to coax one out of its hole. not a lunker by any means but a fish nonetheless. mission accomplished and i left a happier man!

carpanglerdude
03-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Nice! I was there Tuesday, met another FNN member, saw several smaller bass.

Ifishtoolittle
03-24-2011, 10:32 AM
No life my ***, it's probably still too cold for any baitfish to come up shallow. Anyways, congrats on the skunk breaker what it strike surely gives one a good indication on what its feeding on.

Mestre909
03-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Nice Ford Park bass!!!! I'm telling you. I've been going to that place since I was about 10 and it's a tough place to fish. With patience though, you can get bass out of there easily, especially now it's spawn season.

zen
03-24-2011, 04:11 PM
went there yesterday for the first time nice lil place dint catch any bass but did manage to catch a few blue gills there out there

Anthony I.
03-24-2011, 04:36 PM
I stopped by today... and those two ponds are very INTERESTING to say the least... super shallow but crystal clear. I did see several smaller bass cruising around but with no fishing gear I just observed...

Nice bass Mudskipper76!

mudskipper76
03-25-2011, 08:58 AM
No life my ***, it's probably still too cold for any baitfish to come up shallow. Anyways, congrats on the skunk breaker what it strike surely gives one a good indication on what its feeding on.

you're probably right about the baitfish and come to think of it i did see a huge yellow carp cruise by then completely disappear into the thick algae. thats probably where everything else is hiding.

mudskipper76
03-25-2011, 08:59 AM
nice! any size to them gills? what did you catch them on?

mudskipper76
03-25-2011, 09:02 AM
Nice! I was there Tuesday, met another FNN member, saw several smaller bass.
b you've been putting in some work! how was dvl?

IGOTBIT
06-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Was followed by something in that Park at 2AM one time, It Popped in and out of The Trees Watching Us. A Woman giggling from far away with no light. Hair Stood up on arms, So I rigged Up the Saltwater Rig and attempted to snag her with a shark Tremble and pyramid sinker before I lost her in the grassy area behind a dark Pine Tree, No Light Terrible Visiablity, Maybe better luck nextime

castle
06-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Not too much in there anymore. Only tiny bluegill and a few dink bass. Better to go to Yucaipa Park 5 minutes away where you can catch fish.

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Was followed by something in that Park at 2AM one time, It Popped in and out of The Trees Watching Us. A Woman giggling from far away with no light. Hair Stood up on arms, So I rigged Up the Saltwater Rig and attempted to snag her with a shark Tremble and pyramid sinker before I lost her in the grassy area behind a dark Pine Tree, No Light Terrible Visiablity, Maybe better luck nextime

look at the date of the thread....

Mestre909
06-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Ford Park is tough, no doubt. There is a ton of weed. Basically I've been getting them either:

1. Sight fishing at the top lake, by pitching jigs into their beds or domain. Takes a while, but you'll get bass. My son got a 1 pounder on Sat.

2. Drop shoting the pockets where there aren't any weeds in the bottom lake.

Nothing big, but I've gotten several 1lb fish over the past month or so.

Not too much in there anymore. Only tiny bluegill and a few dink bass. Better to go to Yucaipa Park 5 minutes away where you can catch fish.

IGOTBIT
06-30-2011, 11:17 AM
look at the date of the thread....
Park is still there, Whats your point guy? I would love to snag you with my shark rig for that