PDA

View Full Version : Lost Lake in the Cajon Pass?

Mestre909
03-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Anyone every fished Lost Lake in the Cajon Pass, off the 15fwy N? I hear this place has been there for years. I also hear it's extremely DEEP and I would just love to go and try to drop shot some senko's in that place. :-)

Bigdog
03-23-2011, 06:00 PM
I fished it like ten yrs ago,caught nice size crappies out of it.

RUHROH!!!!!
03-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Lost Lake is indeed a very deep little puddle. I used to fish it year's ago and it's loaded with all kinds of different fish. Neat little lake to go float tubing in the summer because it's spring fed and really cool water temps when the weather is in the triple digits. Good luck out there dude.

vortec_cruiser
03-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Take a buddy who can keep an eye on your vehicle, since the place tends to attract undesirable, non-fishing types. You can't see the parking area from the lake. It is a nice little lake that I've visited, but I haven't fished it.

rondog4405
03-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Where exactly is it off the cajon pass.. I've been up and down that thing a thousand times and have never seen any lake?

IncredibleHuck
03-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Take a buddy who can keep an eye on your vehicle, since the place tends to attract undesirable, non-fishing types. You can't see the parking area from the lake. It is a nice little lake that I've visited, but I haven't fished it.

Ditto.... You get some horrible people there.....

Mestre909
03-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Coordinates are: 34.2727832, -117.4650499

wackyrigged
03-23-2011, 09:46 PM
How much to fish there or do you just need the Adventure pass?

vortec_cruiser
03-23-2011, 09:51 PM
No cost to fish there, unless you get strong-armed by the vagrants.

a321eric
03-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Its a little tiny lake. I tubed it over summer. Didnt have any problems, yet I have heard it can be sketchy at times. I only saw bluegill and bass in there. I caught some bass in there up to 2lbs nothing huge. I was catching them on spinnerbaits and shallow cranks. Good luck and be careful, go with a buddy.

castle
03-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Yes indeed, the place seems to be overrun with strange characters and suspicious activity. A co- worker of mine a long time ago was robbed of his clothing and had to walk all the way back to Rialto in only his underwear. Not a happy camper at all.

carpanglerdude
03-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Yes indeed, the place seems to be overrun with strange characters and suspicious activity. A co- worker of mine a long time ago was robbed of his clothing and had to walk all the way back to Rialto in only his underwear. Not a happy camper at all.

Lol wut? True story eh? ;) Crazy.

BlkManFishin
03-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Take the Problem Solver

Mister Twister
03-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Me and my fish bud stopped there on way back from wood.The gate was locked.There were 5 cars parked on the road.on way out we noticed 5-6 cars trucks parked in trees by the creek.I told my bud that there is homo activity here and i think that whats up.He says no way! We slow by parked cars and this fat f-er wearing a rainbow t shirt and rainbow bandana walks towards waving.My bud freaks and floors his excursion,throwing rocks at the dude.WE LAUGHED OUR ASSES OFF ALL THE WAY HOME.

castle
03-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Lol wut? True story eh? ;) Crazy.

Yes indeed. This incident happened like 20 yrs. ago. People were crazy then, but look at them now. I tend to like the fishing there myself as an experienced angler. I have caught huge bluegill that rival Lake Perris. It also has bullhead catfish and some bass. Go with a group of people and you should be ok. If you go alone, people can get their kicks off on you at your expense. It does seem to contain alot of fish to this day.

Viejo
03-25-2011, 11:24 AM
There were SBSO 18 calls for service there last year....most for breaking and entering vehicles and theft. Three were for persons threatening with a weapon. Lost Lake is now a gathering spot for men with "alternative" life styles (spillover from the crowded rest stop on old 66). The parking lot says it all.....it looks like it is paved in glass from the broken car windows. There never were that many fish in the little sag pond to begin with and by the time the bucket people finish hauling away in the spring....there's even less. Feel free to try if you have a sens of adventure but it's a place that locals stay away from.

Sparky70
03-25-2011, 06:47 PM
If your going to Lost Lake wear long pants as the nettles on the trail there will sting u to death. 40 years ago it was a good place to go, but to many Holeios there now and killed a nice place.

See Chris Fish
03-25-2011, 07:06 PM
So the checklist for the fishing trip begins like this:

Fishing Poles and Tackle check
Float tube check
Waders check
Fins check
Kevlar PFD check
Shoulder holster check

LMAO!!!!
Seems like a nice relaxing day of fishing to me! NOT!

Sounds like this is a "skip it" lake.

John88
04-01-2011, 02:47 AM
I used to go there regularly for a few months, a couple months ago. Never ran into any trouble, most of the time it was dead, and you have the whole lake to yourself (except weekends). I would still advise to go with someone, since I've heard some horror stories about this place. I've caught some very small bass and bluegill, and I've seen someone pull out at 10-15lb carp out of it once. The lake is not stocked, don't think it ever was. The water is very clear and the last time I was there, there were alot of turtles on shore. If you do go there, bring some toilet paper cause the bathrooms are never open. Adventure pass is required. In my experience the bite is really slow, so be prepared to get skunked- multiple days in a row lol.

Here are some pictures I took of the lake a few months ago:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p110/JohnLee1988/P1000285.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p110/JohnLee1988/P1000287.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p110/JohnLee1988/P1000283.jpg

View from the parking lot:
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p110/JohnLee1988/P1000288.jpg

John88
04-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Me and my fish bud stopped there on way back from wood.The gate was locked.There were 5 cars parked on the road.on way out we noticed 5-6 cars trucks parked in trees by the creek.I told my bud that there is homo activity here and i think that whats up.He says no way! We slow by parked cars and this fat f-er wearing a rainbow t shirt and rainbow bandana walks towards waving.My bud freaks and floors his excursion,throwing rocks at the dude.WE LAUGHED OUR ASSES OFF ALL THE WAY HOME.

I've always wondered what they were doing there. Guess I know now lol.

There is a rehab center on that road too, and there is this one guy that always waves at us when we drive by.

castle
04-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Id rather make the right turn by there and go to Silverwood about 5 min. away. It is deeper and more fish there.