PDA

View Full Version : 8-3 Enterprise Twilight Trip

riverjoon
08-04-2007, 03:19 AM
Fished out of Long Beach marina sportfishing. We were fishing in the long beach area for bass and cuda. The bit was real bad as only back of the boat seemed to get the bass. Way too much current. I caught 3 barracuda 2 on the live bait and one on the iron worked along the bottom.
Luckily my cuda took the jackpot honors. Seems like I found a new favorite fishing boat. Maybe 10 other cudas caught.

LBCBaller
08-04-2007, 09:01 AM
I was on that boat too last night. Didn't catch a single fish, then again I probably could have got into the cuda action, but with 12# test line and small hooks, I didn't feel like loosing any tackle. It was fun though watching everyone else, lol.

marzocchi
08-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Hey, I was on there last night too! I was the one with the marzocchi black hat. I was using the calcutta gold reel with the 9ft stick. It was pretty good for me in the stern. I caught like 14 bass. I would have caught more, but I had to keep tying hooks and untangling line for my cousain and his friends. It was their first time out. The trick is to use lite line and lay it flat on the bottom that night.

riverjoon
08-04-2007, 05:41 PM
yeah the stern was getting all the bass so i decided to go for the cudas and the jackpot. I had probably the worst spot on boat. On the side 15 feet from front. But luckily the cudas were biting in that corner. It was tangle madness. I was untangling other peoples lines so i could fish. i felt like a deckhand.

riverjoon
08-04-2007, 05:41 PM
yeah the stern was getting all the bass so i decided to go for the cudas and the jackpot. I had probably the worst spot on boat. On the side 15 feet from front. But luckily the cudas were biting in that corner. It was tangle madness. I was untangling other peoples lines so i could fish. i felt like a deckhand.

JapanRon
08-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Hi ALL.

SheeeH........ Half the board was on the boat! :lol: :lol:

I'll tell ya .... same boat .... such varying experiences ...... it's very typical. Glad everyone was ok with what they got!

Being so slow .... were the deck(s)? constantly busy? Hummmm They better not have been fishing! :P

thanks for the report and add-ins!!

JapanRon

one_leg
08-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Congrats on the Jackpot!

One_Leg

LBCBaller
08-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Hey riverjoon, I think you were fishing right next to us. My brother was the one fly-lining the chovies at the bow of the boat and I was next to him wearing the Cal Poly Pomona sweater, spectating, lol.

I would have to agree though, if you were at the stern of the boat you were catching, just the way the current was moving, it made it work.

ghetto dad
08-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Hey riverjoon, I think you were fishing right next to us. My brother was the one fly-lining the chovies at the bow of the boat and I was next to him wearing the Cal Poly Pomona sweater, spectating, lol.

I would have to agree though, if you were at the stern of the boat you were catching, just the way the current was moving, it made it work.

were you guys in the mud, or on a spot??? normally, for the migratories, it makes no difference where you on the boat, as they tend to stack up underneath and all around the boat......

good job and thanks for the report man!!!

riverjoon
08-04-2007, 11:47 PM
i know that but the current was very strong and our lines were getting tangled so it was almost impossible to fish for the bass from the sides.

ghetto dad
08-04-2007, 11:52 PM
that sux....i hate when the current rips like that, but i have been known to fish a 12 oz torp while twilight fishing, i have only had to do it a couple times......

dirthead
08-05-2007, 07:03 PM
I was on that boat as well. blue 10 i think. port side. I had 6 sandies for the night. it was a slow pick with lots of current.

DIRTHEAD LBC