PDA

View Full Version : Lake conditions...

hooks
03-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Any updates on what's happened out there recently.
Is the new road to trout island wiped out again?
Headin' out in the morning and just wonderin'?
tight lines

dixoncider
03-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Give us a report when you get back...

5150fishn
03-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Hooks, the road to trout island was still intact as of the saturday tourney. Fishing was tough for many but not all. The trout seemed to have gone deeper due to the warming of the water. The weather might have cooled it off since then though. Most guys were having the best luck trolling with lead core line although some had luck flat lineing lures. Shore fishing appeared to be fairly slow but nightcrawlers appeared to be the best bait and wait option. Good luck!

Marley
03-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Fremont Canyon received 1.18" of rain, which should be about the same as Silverado Canyon, although there is a lot more watershed upstream of Irvine Lake than there is upstream of Fremont Canyon. My guess is that the lagoon is soup, there is a bubble of chocolate milk at the mouth of the creek and the edges are too muddy to walk on, let alone drive on. Fishing should be good out on the lake.
I caught two trout trolling at 4 colors and two flatlining while fishing the derby Saturday. There was a group of three of us trolling together and once I caught my first at 4 colors, they went deeper, too. Between the three boats we netted a dozen fish at 4 colors before the bite shut down around 10:30, largest were around 3 pounds.

VineAssist
03-21-2011, 09:25 PM
The lake conditions are great. The water visiablity is two to four feet in most areas. There is very little runoff as off 6pm 3/21..Went on a patrol run near the end of the day and saw a bunch of fish puddiling on the west shore and blowin up on small shad. Go out there and get em guys and gals.

hooks
03-22-2011, 02:24 AM
Thanks guys, I'll let you know how I do.
tight lines:Fishing Catch:

dixoncider
03-22-2011, 06:08 AM
the lake conditions are great. The water visiablity is two to four feet in most areas. There is very little runoff as off 6pm 3/21..went on a patrol run near the end of the day and saw a bunch of fish puddiling on the west shore and blowin up on small shad. Go out there and get em guys and gals.
thanks for the info......!

karalm
03-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Current Lake Temp??
Last week it was 61-67 degrees but with the rain yesterday and more coming tomorrow and Friday, wondering if its cooling off again??

jerkbait
03-22-2011, 06:49 PM
fished yesterday afternoon from 1:30 till close and water was 57 to 59 and wasn't too muddy.

dixoncider
03-23-2011, 05:10 AM
Thanks......

Marley
03-23-2011, 09:48 AM
The lake conditions are great. The water visiablity is two to four feet in most areas. There is very little runoff as off 6pm 3/21..Went on a patrol run near the end of the day and saw a bunch of fish puddiling on the west shore and blowin up on small shad. Go out there and get em guys and gals.

Thanks Jimmy, now all I can think about is fishing, can't concentrate on work!

hooks
03-24-2011, 04:51 PM
LATE UPDATE for 3/22 sorry,
Was 2nd in line at 4am. Launched in the dark and fished with a lighted bobber for the 1st half hour.:Big Grin:
Water temp was 58 at 6am and 59 at 3pm. The water was very clear also.
In Woodys cove landed a 3 pounder on the bobber/crawler.
Trolled around the lake for nothing until a "larger" model slammed a yellow mepps spinner around trout island. I troll really heavy gear and it slammed it pretty hard. I farmed it while messing with my drag which was already set.:Applause:
I did see some guys with huge stringers from trolling though.
It was a really nice day but I've caught more fish.
What happened with fire engines and everything right after opening?
tight lines...

dixoncider
03-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the info Hooks....

scotsmaninusa
03-24-2011, 11:30 PM
hi steve didnt see you today trolled around got two crappie on firetigers then got my limit fishing atomic mice under floats then trolled them to end up with my limit best aboat 3.5lbs