PDA

View Full Version : 3/18/2011 Crab Hopping

AngelTheSeaguy
03-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Hey guys well heres my first report so this Friday night i drove down to Cabrillo Beach to try my hands at some crabbing for the first time ever. The night was good the temp was fairly fresh and the moon light was amazing so anyways i used a Promar Eclipse hoop net with a combo of squid and some chicken for bait . Well the crabs where all over the bait but sadly they were all undersized did manage to get two good legals in a 3 hour span. A great night and ill be hooping more often from now on.
http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z364/AngelTheSeaguy/crabs-1.jpg

Ifishtoolittle
03-20-2011, 10:04 PM
How you going to make them crabs? Rock crabs don't seem to have that much meat on them except on the claws.

stepchild
03-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Hey guys well heres my first report so this Friday night i drove down to Cabrillo Beach to try my hands at some crabbing for the first time ever. The night was good the temp was fairly fresh and the moon light was amazing so anyways i used a Promar Eclipse hoop net with a combo of squid and some chicken for bait . Well the crabs where all over the bait but sadly they were all undersized did manage to get two good legals in a 3 hour span. A great night and ill be hooping more often from now on.
http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z364/AngelTheSeaguy/crabs-1.jpgwere you boating or off the pier?

Famous Ticketz
03-21-2011, 01:18 PM
How you going to make them crabs? Rock crabs don't seem to have that much meat on them except on the claws.

Dude, there is ALOT of meat in those crabs

AngelTheSeaguy
03-21-2011, 05:01 PM
were you boating or off the pier?
i was on the pier i had better much better luck at the shallow end

AngelTheSeaguy
03-21-2011, 05:04 PM
well i boiled them the next morning put some salt and lemon juice and ate them with some cocktail sauce both seemed to have a really good amount off meat in them tasty too!

Famous Ticketz
03-21-2011, 07:02 PM
i made crab cakes with mine....