PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lagoon 3-16-11

fatherof5
03-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Got to the gate just before it opened. One boat in front of us. They were rigging up with small jigs. We paid and parked in the first lot. The water is clear and cold. My uncle was fishing with a night crawler, and a split shot about 12 inches up. I had one pole with a #1 black panther martin, and another with a dark purple plastic worm, drop shot rigged about 14 inches up from the weight on 6 pound test.
His third cast, fishing right at the parking lot, gets nailed with a small LMB. An hour passes with no more love, so we move to the shore just north of the nature center by the poles sticking out of the water. My first cast with the plastic gets hammered by the bass in the picture. (batteries were dead in my camera. Used my uncle's cellphone camera) We moved again to near the dock, and he gets another.
Things were really slow, so I walked up the shore passed the campgrounds, and everyone I talked to said it was slow. One guy said the only fish he saw were two bluegills swimming by.
Came back to the fishing pier, and my uncle said he had caught another one while I was gone. I see a guy on the pier catch a small bass, that quick releases itself as it reels it up.
We moved backed to the parking lot about 1:30, and my uncle catches another small one. Within 15 minutes, the wind whips up and there are white caps all over the lake. The few boats out start scrambling in. We try to cast into the wind, but our hats are blowing off and we can't get any distance.
The boat that was in front of us in the morning comes in, and they said they couldn't find any crappie anywhere.
Final score: nightcrawlers 4 plastics 1

CL SmooV
03-20-2011, 07:39 PM
nice report.......

Surfer
03-25-2011, 09:20 PM
nice report.......

Nice report indeed.
Hey CL everytime I see your avatar I think your black.