PDA

View Full Version : eBay Bargains

oldmaninsea
03-20-2011, 03:39 PM
I know that for most of you, this will seem far too obvious to be of any real interest, but if you've not visited for a while, or never have, you might want to try eBay for some real bargains! For example, it took 2 - 3 months of hard grinding, searching, "watch list(ing)", but I just scored a deal on a prominent brand, baitcaster, new, in the box at about 60% of retail! Now, for everyone of these, you'll see 1,000 of 'em go for more than in the stores - but if you hang in there:EyePop:

Also, you might want to check out Sports Authority (Fountain Valley) for rods! Just picked up a Shimano (might be same brand as reel I scored - just sayin') 6'6" med/hvy action baitcasting rod, w/ceramic guides for $15.99! In fact, my last four rods have all come out of that store!

Hope these as helpful to you guys ...

Tom
over and out

Frequent Flyer
03-20-2011, 07:27 PM
i also try craigslist but lik ebay bettr for most things

Cartman
03-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Oh yeah, if you watch and work it, there are some great deals to be had. 'sides, it's fun, too.

oomicha3loo
03-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Ebay = crappy seller sometime (good condition can mean drags that has not been changed in years and blah blah blah) in the other hands craigslist you can come and see the items

Marley
03-20-2011, 08:51 PM
I love ebay! You have to be careful but if you can "read between the lines" you can score some incredible deals on fantastic merchandise.

wackyrigged
03-20-2011, 09:09 PM
IDK why you didnt tell us which reel you got unless maybe you are gonna try to bid on a notha 1 and dont want the xtra competition.If so more power to you.HaHa Anyway not to bring you down or anything but the shimano rods at that price at least in my opinion arent to good but their reels are legendary.I like the cheap quantum rods and Abu rods maybe even shakespere but I have had bad experience with the couple of shimano rods I bought, poor quality.But on a side note my buddy has a Scimitar from like the early 90s that still works great

oldmaninsea
03-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Hey Wacky ...

I didn't mention the reel by "name" (Shimano Cardiff 201A) because I hadn't received it yet. Wanted to wait and see that it is exactly what I got - IT WAS! Got it for $74 (including tax and shipping) and it's NEW in box (retail $109 + shipping approx. $10 and Tax approx. $8. As for Shimano rods, I now have 4 and have had NO problems whatsoever with any of them ... Just lucky, maybe?

Tom
over and out

Cartman
03-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Ebay is great, but right now the best deals are at Dick's.

roby
03-22-2011, 06:23 PM
I didn't mention the reel by "name" (Shimano Cardiff 201A) because I hadn't received it yet. Wanted to wait and see that it is exactly what I got - IT WAS! Got it for $74 (including tax and shipping) and it's NEW in box (retail $109 + shipping approx. $10 and Tax approx. $8. As for Shimano rods, I now have 4 and have had NO problems whatsoever with any of them ... Just lucky, maybe?

Thanks for the tip on Ebay. I have snatched up on some good reels, rods and hardbaits on Ebay. I think the Cardiff's are a great price at $109. I own the 101, 201, and 301 (the older gold series). For $74 bucks total that was a great deal....

oomicha3loo
03-22-2011, 07:21 PM
I just got 2 pro gear on CL for 40$ each