PDA

View Full Version : personnel best in 3yr. the pudd!!

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-20-2011, 02:02 PM
got to the pudd around 7am.misrible conditons.wind out of the east,and rain off and on.decided to trash the night crawlers.rigged up my 8ft.med.spinning rod,custum float,and lite drop shot rig, 8ft leader, and a robo 6"green weenie.got one rat about 1lb.after 4hrs.no more hits .moved to another spot at sailboat.float hits the water.after drifting a few ft.it goes down hard ,and fast.i reel up the slack, set the hook ,and could tell it was a hog.i tighten up the drag, due to some obstuctions she tried her best to get me wrapped around. i had walk her backwords till she was on shore.i lip her, but her teeth were digging into my water logged fingers,and i dropped her so hard i thought she was a goner.i wanted to measure her, but decided to put her in the water ,and see if she was injured.my tape was in my car.after about 1min. in the water she swims away slowly.i have to guess her at around 7lb. to 8lb. i would have to say closer to 8lb.that was my biggest in 3yrs. hope everyone good luck this season ,and god bless....mike the happy pmb.....

oldmaninsea
03-20-2011, 03:18 PM
You're my HERO! ANYONE who would go out in this weather and wet a line is a REAL MAN! Not to mention, a genuine master baiter ...:-)
A tip of the cap to you!

Tom
over and out

Beancounter
03-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Nice work out there PMB. Contrats on the PB!

old pudd fisher
03-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Nice PMB, the sailboat can produce!

CPT. Kirk
03-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Great job PMB thanks for the report

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-21-2011, 05:45 AM
thanks guys.im heading to see if theres any damage from the storm ,and see if theres any effect on the east and northshores.from the races.hopefully ill still see tons of red ears,trout and some bass...

TUNAVIC
03-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Nice fish!pmb sorry I missed seeing it must of been fun,thanks for the report,keeps me informed on whats happening there during this storm stretch at the Puddle.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-21-2011, 02:00 PM
i went to the east shore, and stuck 2-2lbrs.using the pmb float set up.checked the area that was loaded ,with big schools of red ears ,and mixed with trout.saw just a few loner red ear.no big schools.i figured the storm drove them back into deep water.