PDA

View Full Version : boots that go over waders

Frequent Flyer
03-20-2011, 09:35 AM
im a size 11 shoe size with a wide foot. wen i went to bass pro all the shoes there wer too narrow for my feet. was wondering if anyone knew wer i could get a pair of wider shoes or another solution?

HBAR
03-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Try Bob Marriotts in Orange?

Flying
03-20-2011, 03:59 PM
I've got the same size foot and I wear the Glacier Glove booties in the XXL size. You can find them online or at Bob Marriotts. They are about $36. I wear these just for tubing but you could do some lite wading with them.

If you want real wading boots you can find them at Marriotts too.

Frequent Flyer
03-20-2011, 07:28 PM
ok so marriots in orange. r the boots the ones that go over the wader soles so they dont tear wen walking over gravel, sand, etc.?

Flying
03-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Just to help you with general terms

Bootfoot waders = Have rubber boots attached.

Stockingfoot waders = Have neoprene feet attached.

Booties = Neoprene with thin rubber soles made to fit over stockingfoot
and used with fins.

Flats Booties = Like booties but with thicker soles,generally made to use with
out waders so they can be harder to fit with larger feet.

Wading Boot = Leather or canvas with heavy sole. You can get these to fit
over stockingfoot waders.

Some people wear whatever shoe or sandals fits for walking then take them off to put on fins.

I prefer booties to have protection all the time. Booties do take up more space so you need to size your fins for them.

For me with 11 wide feet I use stockingfoot waders, Glacier Glove booties size XXL and Force Fins Size XXL.

These are the Glacier Gloves http://www.flyfishusa.com/apparel/glacier-glove/glacier-glove-bootie.htm.

Frequent Flyer
03-21-2011, 04:40 PM
oh wow this relly helps. i was trying on the flat bootsies at bass pro and that wld make cense of what was going on. those glaciers look nice and that what i might do. another question is, can you just wear the water shoes for swimming over the stockingfoot waders? or r the glaciers a better idea with fins on?

HBAR
03-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Hey FF I had a pair of those glacier boots, the only thing I didn't like about them was they closed on the outside, personally always had a problem with that. I got some new ones from sport chalet for either 24 or 29 bucks and the zip up on the inside, I like them much better. Guess it comes down to a personal perference.