PDA

View Full Version : 3/19/11 piru

shakesmvl
03-20-2011, 08:29 AM
another day with out a fish can anyone help me trying to catch panfish i have chaught them in the past but not lately i rent boats have a depth finder i use worms minnie jigs plain hooks need help please

bassinnut
03-20-2011, 09:39 AM
you have the right baits but are fishing too early for the panfish. It maybe another month before they begin to spawn. BTW not a good idea to post your phone on public board

ghetto dad
03-20-2011, 10:43 AM
tip ure mini jigs with Crappie Niblets.......

wetsideconnect
03-20-2011, 12:56 PM
You have to get into the zones for the time that you are fishing.. Lake Piru fish are biting now they are just not in full swing yet.. Fish the side of the lake where the sun hits first and therefore warms up first.. The fish will be more in those areas.. Look for transitional zones and structure.. The transitional zones are where the deep water is near a shelf that comes up shallow.. The fish stage there and start their move into shallow areas.. Look for structure, the fish use this to hide and or ambush food.. If you find the depth pattern (what depth they are working) the fish will be at that depth around the lake. You then look for the other elements I stated above you will improve your catch rates.. Hope this helps..
Wetside

shakesmvl
03-20-2011, 06:54 PM
you have the right baits but are fishing too early for the panfish. It maybe another month before they begin to spawn. BTW not a good idea to post your phone on public board

thanks for the help

shakesmvl
03-20-2011, 06:55 PM
You have to get into the zones for the time that you are fishing.. Lake Piru fish are biting now they are just not in full swing yet.. Fish the side of the lake where the sun hits first and therefore warms up first.. The fish will be more in those areas.. Look for transitional zones and structure.. The transitional zones are where the deep water is near a shelf that comes up shallow.. The fish stage there and start their move into shallow areas.. Look for structure, the fish use this to hide and or ambush food.. If you find the depth pattern (what depth they are working) the fish will be at that depth around the lake. You then look for the other elements I stated above you will improve your catch rates.. Hope this helps..
Wetside

thank you too will try that next time

oldmaninsea
03-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Shakesmvl:

Might want to "edit" your post and remove the phone number. Only PM ppl you know w/you phone number. Who knows who might be watching ... Good luck with the Crappies and 'Gills!

Tom
over and out

keepemlo
03-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Remarkably bass are on the chew way before the crappie I'd switch tactics but crappies r being picked up lower lake tuleis