PDA

View Full Version : PVR Perch need help quick!!

usmcfisherman
03-19-2011, 11:40 PM
wanna catch some perch in PVR. any ideas or tips? really appreciate it.

Sierra_Smitty
03-21-2011, 09:22 AM
wanna catch some perch in PVR. any ideas or tips? really appreciate it.

Berkely power grubs in May and June - pumpkinseed, christmas tree colors on a 1/32oz ball head jig.

usmcfisherman
03-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Berkely power grubs in May and June - pumpkinseed, christmas tree colors on a 1/32oz ball head jig.

thanks man, im leavin today.

cjschock
03-21-2011, 12:21 PM
float tube. Most of the perch will be out deep still since I am pretty sure it is still very cold up there. I have caught numerous perch in January on night crawlers twitched off the bottom. The berkley power grubs work well but so will any other grub or tube jig. I like the motor oil or christmas tree color. Make sure to tip the hook with crappie nibbles and fish it slow off the bottom. I cut open my fish last year and they were full of crawdad shells.

seal
03-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Thomas Bouyants just like the trout. If you locate them they will hit spoons, in fact getting hit as the lure drops is pretty common when your into them and if they are out in deeper water (probably are) you have more range from shore.

golfish
03-22-2011, 02:49 PM
and don't drop em on your tube :) must of been 20 years ago, I had one land just perfict on my old Caddis tube, put 4 holes in it.

cjschock
03-23-2011, 08:33 PM
golfish, I'd believe it those things are like dinosaur panfish with their fins and tough as nail skin.

golfish
03-25-2011, 06:25 PM
golfish, I'd believe it those things are like dinosaur panfish with their fins and tough as nail skin.

It was kind of funny. I kept splashing water up on the holes to show my buddies.
IMO, these are the best eating fish up there. I'll take a stringer full of Sac perch over trout anyday..

ghetto dad
03-26-2011, 06:50 AM
Yeah...Sac Perch are EXCELLENT eating!! We make 2-3 Crowley trips a year and usually do pretty well....its smaller stuff, at least at Crowley, until the weeds start growing mid-late summer..thats when you get the larger models....

mini jigs with fish crack (crappie nibblets) is the only thing I use for them...mabye this year im going to try something different, as mentioned above...

have fun!

golfish
03-28-2011, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=ghetto dad;532736We make 2-3 Crowley trips a year and usually do pretty well....its smaller stuff, at least at Crowley, until the weeds start growing mid-late summer..thats when you get the larger models....

mini jigs with fish crack (crappie nibblets) is the only thing I use for them...mabye this year im going to try something different, as mentioned above...

have fun![/QUOTE]

We used to fish in Sept and Oct around the weed beds. You'd catch the perch about as often as you would a trout depending on the fly, pretty much knew the diff cause the perch never took to the air. I look back at it now and think what hard work that was. Im so lazy.