PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Flatheads In Havasu???

Ambassadorhawg
03-19-2011, 08:22 PM
I've caught several nice Channels (incidentally) and I have seen a few nice Flatheads caught by others.

Can anyone recommend an area on the lake that seems to regularly produce Flatheads from shore? I have never caught one before. I will be out there in early April and would like to add this species to my capture list.

Thanks,
'hawg

Bird dog
03-21-2011, 11:49 AM
If I were targeting Flatties I would probably try near the Bill Williams River or even in it after it warms up a little.Good luck.

drifter023
03-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Last year in May caught three 9lb. 12lb. and 15lb. at the intake across from sandy point. But was fishing for stripers all got on anchovices year before got one 15lb. at the willow area all where caught on a boat I know you shore fish but that is the aeras we got then. They where all let go if we where not in the striper derby would have kep and cooked them up....:Thumbs Up:

keepemlo
03-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Man I used to fish em at Muskegon wisconsin we would catch em up to 50 lbs big weights thrown right in the heavyest current with small suckers your rod tip would just go steadily down no twitching I didn't know why theyvstayed in the heaviestvcurrent was hard to present your bait