PDA

View Full Version : First time Corona Lake

Kelster
03-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Got in line at 3:00am and there ended up more cars behind me then in front of me. I couldn't figure out how to get over by the dam, it was dark and my first time there, so I found a spot south of the north boat ramp. It started to rain at dawn but I was prepared with my poncho. I saw a couple of the Lighting Trout about 6 feet from shore but that was the extent of any action for me. I threw everything, night-crawlers, different colors of PB, salmon eggs, cast master, crocodile, panther martins, super duper lures, everything and nothing. Well that's why they call it fishing. I didn't see any fish caught from the shore or any of the boats that were in front of us. I want to go back but I think I will have to fish off of a boat to be successful and/or figure out how to get over by the dam. Don't want to poach anyone's spot but if anyone would like to PM me on where to fish the lake I would appreciate. It was fun to fish again, after 15 years. I will take my son next time.

Rot8
03-20-2011, 08:01 AM
What day did you fish?

Famous Ticketz
03-20-2011, 08:18 AM
as far as im concerned, you have North and South lake fishing... next time you go, flip a coin, or find the least crowded...... its ALWAYS good to go check out a spot prior to showing up at 3am, i hate that find a spot in the dark shait... good luck next time

Kelster
03-20-2011, 08:54 AM
I fished yesterday, Saturday March 19. I figure a boat will allow me to cover more territory and learn more about the lake. I saw fish in the water, just didn't see any caught between the docks. On the way out I saw someone loading their car and they had a basket full of Lightning. Gonna take a little work on my part to learn the lake and re-learn my fishing skills.