PDA

View Full Version : Skinner picking up 3/19

P.A.W.
03-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Started at 6:45 with my usual topwaters for fun. No takers. Then just kinda cruised around with the troll. Caught a couple around 9:00 on 'chovies. then the wind started picking up. Got back to the east end and visited with some of the regulars. Those who were targeting largemouth were hitting pretty good in the shallows, trout were hitting, and almost everyone I talked to that were going for stripers were doing well too. The water temp at the dam was 61* so the transition is on. Wind picked up so I was back at the ramp by 10:15. Good times ahead guys!!!

ghetto dad
03-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the Skinner update man...Im almost over truck trout and ready form some LMB and Striper action!

GdHkSet1
03-20-2011, 12:32 PM
P.A.W,
I was on the other side of the hiils at DV, looking for stripey on the troll too, water temp was 62 on the east, and 58 on the west where I was trolling-least you got some on the bait, I went home with the skungage, that SW wind was wicked out there, got caught up in the troughs in my crestliner. Look fwd to going to skinner again sometime this month, goodluck out there.

wetsideconnect
03-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Started at 6:45 with my usual topwaters for fun. No takers. Then just kinda cruised around with the troll. Caught a couple around 9:00 on 'chovies. then the wind started picking up. Got back to the east end and visited with some of the regulars. Those who were targeting largemouth were hitting pretty good in the shallows, trout were hitting, and almost everyone I talked to that were going for stripers were doing well too. The water temp at the dam was 61* so the transition is on. Wind picked up so I was back at the ramp by 10:15. Good times ahead guys!!! Good to know the bite is on the way.. The temp is rising and the fishing will be great soon.. Thx for heads up on action..
Wetside

Boltfan#1
03-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the update man.... I'll be camping there this weekend, glad to hear that it's starting to turn on.