PDA

View Full Version : Rpt-03-19-11 Well we tried!

Tunaslam
03-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Lal called me Friday afternoon after looking at Buoy weather, calling for 4 to 6 knots of wind locally in the morning and only 6 to 8 in the afternoon. Of course light rain was also part of the forecast, yet without wind, the rain gear works, and sometimes the fish go off in the rain? With a serious itch to go fishing after two weeks of cancellations on trips due to the weather, I'm in! Loaded the foul weather gear in the truck.

Now I checked the forecast later Friday evening and things didn't change, however, Wet-sand's disagreed with Buoy Weather, calling for 12 to 16 knots of wind all day? Earlier in the day, Dave cancelled our scheduled trip to San Clemente Island, certainly a smart call!

So I met Lal at his home in Cerritos at 5am. A slight breeze, and misty skies, and an occasional flurry of sprinkles. We headed toward Huntington Harbor to launch the Ducky. Exiting the 405 freeway at Bolsa Chica road, the flags were really going strong, the big flag on top of a high rise near Edinger was ripping? Stopped at the entrance to the launch area, it was blowing at least 15 with gusts over 20. Saved our ten bucks to enter and went home?

Checked Buoy Weather a few minutes ago, they still are calling for 2 to 3 knots in the morning? Well you can't wind them all? Come on weather guys you got to do better than that?

Heavy rain tomorrow, rain most of next week, what's a fisherman supposed to do? Hurray up and wait? Honey what was that you needed done today?

Cory

oomicha3loo
03-19-2011, 10:39 AM
That is how i am feeling, got new trim tabs on the boat, new railings, new electrical, and its ready but damn weather is just screwing me over. oh well at least you tried

TroutOnly
03-19-2011, 11:00 AM
good call tunaman,better safe than sorry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,

murrieta angler
03-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Yeah Cory..
Better safe than no reports for us in the future.
Heck, the ocean aint going anywhere soon.
Robert
<><

dixoncider
03-19-2011, 02:44 PM
This is a better link for some weather..
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/marine.php?marine=pzz655

Tunaslam
03-19-2011, 05:08 PM
This is a better link for some weather..
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/marine.php?marine=pzz655

Sorry I've found NOAA to be the least accurate of all the weather sites!

Cory

Jig-Guy
03-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Ok guys, what is the best site? your information is appreciated.

Tunaslam
03-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Ok guys, what is the best site? your information is appreciated.

I like Wetsands, as well as Buoy weather, they differed yesterday, Wetsand was right. Many like the Navy wind sites, didn't check it yesterday, turns out it was also right. Lots of wind in Long Beach. Wind some and lose some! Sometimes it calls for wind and rain and it turns out ok, worth a look at lest unless you are going way off shore which was certainly not in the plans yesterday!
Cory
Cory