PDA

View Full Version : Crappie fishing tips

Surfer
03-19-2011, 07:27 AM
Never caught one in my life. Tell me how you catch em at the Vine.

Sublime-Steve
03-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Never been to the vine.. BUT get some crappie jigs from walmart ( THE CHEAP KIND) in any damn color... lol find somewhere semi deep with structure and it should be on... BUT its still cold so idk.. i get all mine in big bear haha

wetsideconnect
03-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Dont go too deep right now the crappies are staging up for the spawn. Fish in about 8-15ft of water and target structure areas or drop offs near shallow water.. Try the dock area and the flats.. Use a mini jig and with the cold temps jig slowly leaving it in the zone long then jig it back to you slowly.. Dont give up quick if you arent hit.. The colder temps keep them from being really aggressive. Once you catch one repeat your actions because there are more there.

Trout Doctor
03-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Never caught one in my life. Tell me how you catch em at the Vine.

Me personally? On accident, while trolling small rapalas for trout, haha!

ghetto dad
03-19-2011, 02:30 PM
i would also TOTALLY recommend picking up a jar of the white crappie nuggets to tip ure mini jig..thats how some of the gurus are doing it!!

Surfer
03-19-2011, 02:45 PM
And they sell all this stuff at the lake tackle shop? Jigs and nuggets?

BRING IT
03-20-2011, 07:16 AM
yesterday i nailed 7 in 7 casts with a smoke sparkle mini jig, while targeting trout. 6ft of water from a rocky shore. good luck TEAM BRING IT:Guns:
LONGFIN TACKLE has all your needs.

TroutOnly
03-20-2011, 10:08 AM
if you go on a weekend go to the tackle shop and talk to marlon meade hes there berkley main man on the pro staff and hes one the very best around at crappie fishing ,and irvine lake is his home lake,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,

ghetto dad
03-20-2011, 10:46 AM
And they sell all this stuff at the lake tackle shop? Jigs and nuggets?

im sure they sell the jigs...not sure about the nuggets....i got mine at walmart and sports chalet....im sure someone on here would know if the shop there sells the nuggets...

good luck man

wetsideconnect
03-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Yep the nuggets do help to get them to hold on longer.. Forgot about the nuggets. Thx GD for suggesting that as well..

5150fishn
03-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Just do what I did for the Sports Chalet trout tourney and use trout lures! LOL I was killing crappie all day on Mira shads, SC shiners, and Rapala CD5 & CD7. To bad it wasn't a crappie tourney.

See Chris Fish
03-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Well, what worked for me this weekend was buying into the TROUT tourney. Then target trout and land crappie after crappie!!! ARGH!!!!

I've had lots of luck using a nightcrawler and a "Mr. Crappie" float. It's a float with beads inside, so you get a rattle noise. Rings like a dinner bell to crappie. For me, it just kills the crappie.