PDA

View Full Version : P.b spottie

stepchild
03-18-2011, 10:13 PM
hit up the harbor today,and glad i did.smothered the chiggas with the butter and went to work.first up was this guy,he hit real close to the beach,i was wearing the waders,so i was able to work all the docks closest to the beaches.http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy207/speedynsl/fishing%20with%20my%20dad/fishingwithmydad1784-1.jpgso i stayed the course and worked all docks closest to the lil beaches,glad i did.this bad boy hit and it started taking line,im like come on 10lb test hold up.when he wanted to run,i eased up on the drag and kept slight pressure on him till he wore out!!!!WHAT FUN!!!!!these pics dont do this fish justice,maybe i need to start taking someone with me.http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy207/speedynsl/fishing%20with%20my%20dad/fishingwithmydad1786.jpghttp://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy207/speedynsl/fishing%20with%20my%20dad/fishingwithmydad1787.jpghttp://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy207/speedynsl/fishing%20with%20my%20dad/fishingwithmydad1788.jpg.so ket on going and ended the day with this pancakehttp://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy207/speedynsl/fishing%20with%20my%20dad/fishingwithmydad1790.jpg..all in all great day to be wearing waders and catching some fishies!.......in the last pic of the spottie,i measured it to the rod and the fish was up to the first blue line above my reel,and i measured that when i got home and thats 17-18 inches...:Wink:

klocked
03-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Good job on your pb, nice Spottie!

smokehound
03-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Very nice! Congrats. I have yet to get any spotties larger than 16 inches.

BrandonFish
03-19-2011, 12:24 AM
Nice spotty!! :Cool: congrats on the new pb 2011 is just warming up!

murrieta angler
03-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Very nice SBB Johnny!
I might hit up NPH next weekend, if the weather allows it.
I need to get my NPH skunk off there.
Thanks for the report and pics Bro.
Robert
<><

ghetto dad
03-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Damn..very nice fish brother.....great report also...maybe I need to bust out some C/B and put some more work in down there...

stepchild
03-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Very nice SBB Johnny!
I might hit up NPH next weekend, if the weather allows it.
I need to get my NPH skunk off there.
Thanks for the report and pics Bro.
Robert
<><

hit me up robert,i'll meet you down there,like i said im gonna need someone to take pics of my fish!!...lol

oldmaninsea
03-20-2011, 04:15 PM
What can I say? Beats my PB Spottie by about 3"! How long was the hali?

Tom
over and out

lovefofish
03-20-2011, 04:19 PM
nice one. what size jighead you throw on those chigas?

stepchild
03-21-2011, 08:26 AM
nice one. what size jighead you throw on those chigas?

1/8ounce..4in chigga..with tsum butta..

stepchild
03-21-2011, 08:27 AM
What can I say? Beats my PB Spottie by about 3"! How long was the hali?

Tom
over and out

halibut wa around12-13 inches..nice lil head shakes...

Cderosales
03-21-2011, 10:25 AM
nice spottie!

I tried NPH two weeks ago for the first time because of all the wind and couldnt really surf fish. I worked around the same docks as you with a big hammer and no luck.

Is it okay to venture anywhere in NPH? I asked a guy at anglers center and he said NPH police are D@#$s and dont allow anyone fishing from the shore between the docks. Any info on this....as i thought it was all fair game at NPH

stepchild
03-21-2011, 11:01 AM
nice spottie!

I tried NPH two weeks ago for the first time because of all the wind and couldnt really surf fish. I worked around the same docks as you with a big hammer and no luck.

Is it okay to venture anywhere in NPH? I asked a guy at anglers center and he said NPH police are D@#$s and dont allow anyone fishing from the shore between the docks. Any info on this....as i thought it was all fair game at NPH

on my tube i have been harassed a couple of times,and as far as walking the docks,i heard someone say the beaches were private property,but i only thought the DOCKs were private,not the beaches...and any how i do night fishing mostly,and i keep my headlamp off.until its pic time...but i just keep quite as possible.you wouldnt want someone with a light on around your boat,and what not...and i dont want to find out if the nph police are d*$%# or not ..

Nessie Hunter
03-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Sweet.!!
18" spottie is right at 3#.. Nice catch, they are hard to get there.
The world record is only 4.9#......

Cderosales
03-21-2011, 03:07 PM
on my tube i have been harassed a couple of times,and as far as walking the docks,i heard someone say the beaches were private property,but i only thought the DOCKs were private,not the beaches...and any how i do night fishing mostly,and i keep my headlamp off.until its pic time...but i just keep quite as possible.you wouldnt want someone with a light on around your boat,and what not...and i dont want to find out if the nph police are d*$%# or not ..

yea i heard basically the same thing. Mostly heard that if you are respectful and not hitting or snagging anyones boat then none of the residents will bother. I may give it another go soon. Just picked up some plastics that look good for the bay!

BTW...what scents work well one plastics? The only scent ive ever tried using was pro cure...any other suggestions?

ghetto dad
03-21-2011, 03:31 PM
lol..i pretty much heard the same about fishing in front of peeps houses on beach...most wont mess with you..some will...

and be CAREFUL and watch the tides....i know a member on here (NOT saying his name, lol!) that was in front of the houses and i guess the tide moved up QUICK and they had to jump into someones back yard, lmao

stepchild
03-21-2011, 04:32 PM
yea i heard basically the same thing. Mostly heard that if you are respectful and not hitting or snagging anyones boat then none of the residents will bother. I may give it another go soon. Just picked up some plastics that look good for the bay!

BTW...what scents work well one plastics? The only scent ive ever tried using was pro cure...any other suggestions?

i use pro cure also.since i was using the chigga,i used the ghost shrimp....also unibutter..

stepchild
03-21-2011, 04:33 PM
lol..i pretty much heard the same about fishing in front of peeps houses on beach...most wont mess with you..some will...

and be CAREFUL and watch the tides....i know a member on here (NOT saying his name, lol!) that was in front of the houses and i guess the tide moved up QUICK and they had to jump into someones back yard, lmao

it almost happened to me also.......the water came up,and it was almost going into my waders,,....lol

BrandonFish
03-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Hey J did you give up tubing? ? ?

FISHINGVATO562
03-21-2011, 05:40 PM
wow man, congrats. Im still skunked on 2 different bays. glad to hear people are getting some action. as soon as this weather clears up ill try again.

Jaysuuun
03-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Congrats on the PB. It's been awhile since I've hooked into a hawg spot. :Neutral: I miss the feeling.

stepchild
03-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Hey J did you give up tubing? ? ?

oh no never!!!!!just i see the docks from the lil beaches and i like to walk...fishing the chiggas you need to work a lil slower than the bh's...and the current has been moving pretty good,,,in a tube you know you have to always kick and try to stay in the spot.

flyngby
03-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Chigga wins again and gets another nicer Spottie!

Look forward to returning to my play ground again sometime soon.