PDA

View Full Version : SARL vs Corona

fishnbear
03-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Why are there around 4X as many corona reports as sarl reports? Is the fishing at corona that much better? I have never fished at sarl. I have fished at corona 6 out of the last 7 weekends and have had such great success at corona that I find it hard to try a different lake. The wifey and I got tired of spending money on rental boat fees and have seen how much fun all you float tubers are having, so we decided to buy our own float tube setups. We are excited to try them out for the first time this weekend, but should we go to corona or sarl?

Thisfool
03-18-2011, 03:34 PM
well i think so yes.

and at corona your aloud to launch your own boat at sarl it is rentals only and also i dont know how long it has been but sarl just started allowing float tubes. and also from what i see and know about the lakes corona has much more to offer as far as structure and things of that nature to take advantage of.

Marley
03-18-2011, 05:12 PM
They are two very different bodies of water. Corona doesn't have a drop in it over 25 feet deep, whereas SARL is upwards of 75 deep at the drain. Corona has a lot of stickups that make it tricky to troll, SARL has only the tumbleweeds that get blown into it for vegetation. Corona has hills and trees around it, SARL has La Palma, Hwy 91 and 55. SARL has its secrets and keeps them much better than Corona does. So....
If you are looking for a day lounging on the water catching trout with abandon as you lazily kick around in your new tube (BTW, congrats!), hit up Corona. If you want a day where you can pull up lakeside, maybe build a campfire and fish right next to your vehicle, hit SARL.
When I go to SARL I'm looking for a trophy, although I probably stand a better chance of catching one at Corona because there's only one lake to fish (and plant). Both plant the same fish on the same day (same operators), but they're each just different places to fish.
Good luck!

fishnbear
03-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the insight. Im leaning toward sarl only because of the tournament. Both places charge the same admission rates but I may as well take advantage of the chance to win a raffle at sarl.