PDA

View Full Version : Perris for my Thurs. afternoon session....

bassgrabber1
03-18-2011, 07:11 AM
Tree and I went for our Thursday session. Conditions were great and we actually saw a bedding bass at 11-12. The onlything wrong was there was a boat load of fisherman there. I counted about 23 fisherman plus there were families there with kids playing in the water and 4 bass boats and 4 tubers.....it was really busy out threre. We fished 11-12 for a while. I got 1 bite there at that was it. I walked the shore line because I wanted to see what brought everyone out today. There were baskets full of Red Ear and all were 1/2 to1 lbs. Lots of really nice ones.

Tree and I decided to move to the launch ramps at Lot6. We fished there till dusk with me getting 2 more bites and missing them both. I must have been on slow mo because I never miss a fish twice...lol. I was very impatient since I caught 17 over the weekend at Fishermans Retreat. Oh well the skunk happened but that's life. For all the pan fishers............. your time is here.

By the way I spoke to a couple that was out fishing the tullies on a boat....his wife pulled out a 7lbs 12 oz bass...she said she was still shaking from that fish. They also said the bite was incredible on the otherside of the lake....I really need to get a boat.

joetro474
03-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Sorry to hear about your skunk. At least you got your line wet. Better luck next time. Thanks for the report.

Hog Caller
03-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Were there bed fishing lessons going on out there?
I'm sure they're lined up all the way around the south and east end. Poor fish don't stand a chance.

Natural Lefty
03-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Hello Bassgrabber, I went to Perris on thursday afternoon too, really late like 4:30 and went to the marina again. I think it's time for me to fish some of my other spots at Perris, but I didn't know if the fish were that shallow yet. Redears, Bluegills and Bass were biting, but only a couple of people with the best spots had larger numbers of panfish, and it was really crowded like you said. One guy had 14 Redears and a Bluegill, and another had 11 Redears and 3 Bluegill. (They counted them before they left.) Those were the best panfish catches, with most people maybe a couple of them. None of them were really big, but a guy next to me named "Pork Chops" had a large Redear break his line when he tried to yank it out of the water. Dang, he was going to trade it to me for my Trout. I wound up catching the Trout, a small Bass, and surprisingly, 5 Bluegills on flies. I think this is the first time I have caught Bluegills on flies while it was officially winter at Perris, but they were surfacing like crazy, only the ones I caught were small ones I put back. It was fun, anyway. I also saw several guys cranking in Bass at high catch rates on Rapala type lures. There must be a ton of Bass in the marina now, but the biggest I saw was only 14 inches. I was way too busy yesterday taking my wife to the doctor etc. to post a report. Thanks for yours, friend. By the way, I went last week and didn't even get a bite, which is most unusual for me at Perris. The last time I had been skunked there was November, 2009. The only guy catching fish was the Redear eater guy also named Robert who was fishing in a very specific spot that prespawn Redears must like, but the guy who caught the 11 Redears and 3 Bluegills on Thursday had that spot occupied so I couldn't fish it like I was hoping to.

dqfish
03-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Hey bassgrabber1 Which lake at fishermans were you catching bass and where abouts. Ive been wanting to fish that place but wasnt sure where to start some help would be appreciated.

Thanks dqfish

Socal Bassman
03-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the report and sorry to hear about the skunk. It happens to all of us at some point. Also, having a boat is nice but plenty of nice fish can be caught from shore at Perris. It's just a matter of being at the right place at the right time. I still find it funny that I've caught more fish over 5lbs. fishing from shore than I have in my tube or in the back of somebody's boat. Hope to see you out there sometime.

TheTrueFisherman
03-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Oh yes Perris is starting to heat up...we had 10 LM on the boat on Friday. I pulled a 6 1/2 Lb off the weed line on the east end. No It was not a bedding fish, i only blind fish. Although we did see some bigger fish moving around the beds. One such had to be pushing 10-12lbs. The going is getting good, as long as everyone out there continues to be courteous to others on the water. Good luck to you all out there!

Hog Caller
03-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Props and respect Fisherman. Bed fishing is like fishing in a barrel and disrupts the spawn.