PDA

View Full Version : Beating off the Skunk at the Pudd

bowler
03-17-2011, 10:29 PM
I was bored and i did not want to go home. So after dinner at my parents house i want to the Pudd got there at 7 pm and start walking towards the east shore. I fished the swim beach cove for no hits. So i head to where my wife hooked up on a bass last Saturday morning. I got there made a few cast and lost my rig. So i tried on a hook with no weight and put on a plastic worm. Made a few more cast and started getting hit. Then it finally took the worm a set the hook and it was on this time i was not going to lose it. After a few min battle i got him in.
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/bowler23_99/Mobile%20Uploads/0317111941.jpg

I let him go and i moved down to the middle pier. I start fishing on there with a drop shot worm. I got a few hits there. But then the skunks started coming. At first they were staying off the dock but then two try to come on the dock with me i had to make some noise to get them off the dock. Here is a pic of one after i scared him off.
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/bowler23_99/Mobile%20Uploads/image-5-1.jpg

After them two close i called it a night. I got back to my car at 9 pm.

rabbit77
03-17-2011, 10:42 PM
ya I was fishing there at the boat cove and then a skunk came out of no where it was about 20 ft from me

bayfishingjunkie
03-18-2011, 08:03 AM
if the lake closes at 7pm how are you fishing it??? I would like to do the same

old pudd fisher
03-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Damn bowler !!, That was a close call with those skunks on the pier with nowhere to run. You could have been gased out by them and be made to sleep in the garage all night.:Skunk::Skunk:

Ron D
03-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Nice fish, I was there earlier. skunked

bowler
03-18-2011, 06:33 PM
if the lake closes at 7pm how are you fishing it??? I would like to do the same

It did not close yesterday till 9 pm. I walked in from the park-in-ride by the freeway.

Trial and Error
03-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Nice fish, way to "beat off" the skunk lol

I usualy just whistle at the skunks before they come near and it usually turns them around.