PDA

View Full Version : Duct Walking the Walk

yolo
03-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Had 45 minutes to kill waiting for my son's art class to be over so I hit one spot for a little open water walking. Been a little too much talking lately so it's always better to walk the walk then talk the talk :Wink: Flow seems to have slowed down some. Water still the same Hershey's caramel syrup color. Few minutes into it I get a really good hit and hook up. Battle and land a nice duct striper. Took a quick phone pic and back it went for someone else to catch. Walked for about a 1/4 mile and nothing else. Worked it back too and nothing else and then had to leave to pick up my son from his class.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%203-17-11/Duct3-17-11.jpg

Double A
03-17-2011, 01:35 PM
nice one Z...

we definately need more fishing reports, and not so much blah blah blah reports

fish-o-haulic
03-17-2011, 01:36 PM
finally a report no arguing or spite. nice fish real nice

yolo
03-17-2011, 01:44 PM
nice one Z...

we definately need more fishing reports, and not so much blah blah blah reports

They're both fun!

finally a report no arguing or spite. nice fish real nice

Thanks. Well there is no arguing yet. Give it some time.

fish-o-haulic
03-17-2011, 01:47 PM
They're both fun!

Thanks. Well there is no arguing yet. Give it some time.

haha guess your right but when it starts expect me to end up in it someway somehow

seal
03-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Nice fish Yolo! Don't know how this report could end up in the crapper but I'm sure someone will make an attempt.

yolo
03-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Nice fish Yolo! Don't know how this report could end up in the crapper but I'm sure someone will make an attempt.

Thanks Dale. I could put it there real quick if you like? :LOL:

seal
03-17-2011, 02:18 PM
No thanks too much in the crapper already, I'm afraid we'll need to call out a plumber to resolve it. I think we might know a plumber that is an expert at crap:LOL:!

Double A
03-17-2011, 02:21 PM
let me start...

1. striped carp SUCK

2. probly caught on a nite crawler

3. as much time as Yolo spends at the duct, and all the Budlight cans laying around...
just sayin

4. 45 minutes gave him just enough time to check his trot lines

that's right Yolo, you've been exposed... :Pillow Fight:

Dalizzy07
03-17-2011, 02:29 PM
nice catch bro

yolo
03-17-2011, 02:34 PM
No thanks too much in the crapper already, I'm afraid we'll need to call out a plumber to resolve it. I think we might know a plumber that is an expert at crap:LOL:!

LOL. Yeah i know just the guy.

let me start...

1. striped carp SUCK

3. as much time as Yolo spends at the duct, and all the Budlight cans laying around...
just sayin

Funny stuff Brian. You left out easy as shooting fish in a barrel.

nice catch bro

Thanks.

fish-o-haulic
03-17-2011, 02:55 PM
let me start...

1. striped carp SUCK

just sayin

OOOH I wana do one
Its better than those pansy hatchery carp that you probably love to catch on those crappy fly rods
Better than those green carp who need a whole bed just to give birth
you stink so bad at fishing catfish come up and eat off of you
You wana hear the funniest joke in fishing you
haha just kidding bro

Frank E
03-17-2011, 02:58 PM
45 mins well spent!! Congrats, but don't think you need it! Another one for the duct master! Lol!! Keep them coming which I'm sure you will! Very nice!

yolo
03-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Thanks Frank.

Marine_Michael
03-17-2011, 04:27 PM
WTF! Quit poaching my spot! The Asian market was out last I checked so where did you buy that one? I thoght you said you weren't able to catch fish if you didn't have your lucky lip gripper. I can't believe you'd lie to me like that.

By the way, CPR does not mean Catch Panfry and Release into the toilet the next day.

Joking aside, Congrats once again.

fishinone
03-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Where did you buy that fish? :Neutral:

yolo
03-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Costco on Easy St.

yolo
03-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Where did you buy that fish? :Neutral:

It's all your fault Ron. Our morning conversation got me motivated to fish while waiting for the class to end instead of sitting there in the car waiting for the class to end. I was content to talk the talk some more and do some internet fishing while waiting. The real thing is much better :Big Grin:

fishinone
03-17-2011, 05:51 PM
It's all your fault Ron. Our morning conversation got me motivated to fish while waiting for the class to end instead of sitting there in the car waiting for the class to end. I was content to talk the talk some more and do some internet fishing while waiting. The real thing is much better :Big Grin:

Wow! Thanks yolo.

I feel like I actually accomplished something today.

:Beat Stick:I should get out and go fishing, instead of just whining because other people do.:Beat Stick:

yolo
03-17-2011, 07:38 PM
Wow! Thanks yolo.

I feel like I actually accomplished something today.

:Beat Stick:I should get out and go fishing, instead of just whining because other people do.:Beat Stick:

Yes you did a great thing by contacting me today. Thanks for the unintended consequences.

wackyrigged
03-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Man your batting 500% while I am still 0/1000 and counting.You some sorta Voodoo witch docta or something.I am gonna have to go take some aggressions out on some green carp <--(not to start up the drama again mind you).Anyway sounds like you got them on the west side from MM poaching my spot statement,You get em ona jerky?

Marine_Michael
03-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Man your batting 500% while I am still 0/1000 and counting.You some sorta Voodoo witch docta or something.I am gonna have to go take some aggressions out on some green carp <--(not to start up the drama again mind you).Anyway sounds like you got them on the west side from MM poaching my spot statement,You get em ona jerky?

The stop poaching my spot is a kind of inside joke between Yolo and I. He wasn't anywhere near the West Side.

Lucky Lager
03-18-2011, 11:01 AM
damn it!!
yolo strikes again!!
nice catch....again. and on St. Patty's day! :Beer Toast:
i've been changing way too many diapers, and not fishing enough. i'm putting my foot down & hitting the duct this weekend......as long as the wife lets me :Singing In Rain::Embarrassed:

yolo
03-18-2011, 11:29 AM
The stop poaching my spot is a kind of inside joke between Yolo and I. He wasn't anywhere near the West Side.

How do you know that? Are you getting that good at reading grains of sand in a pic? :ROFL: I thought I knew the duct really well but no way I can look at dirt and distinguish. I actually was on the west side. The street sign said west. I was not way out west but still west. And yes, stop poaching my spots. :Big Grin:

Marine_Michael
03-18-2011, 11:44 AM
How do you know that? Are you getting that good at reading grains of sand in a pic? :ROFL: I thought I knew the duct really well but no way I can look at dirt and distinguish. I actually was on the west side. The street sign said west. I was not way out west but still west. And yes, stop poaching my spots. :Big Grin:

How do you know I didn't recognize those 2 small rocks under the cork handle on your rod? Ok, so technicaly you were on the west side since you were west of Division St. I don't actually consider it the west side until you are beyond town so to me 110th W and beyond would be the west side. Since I know the 2 areas where your kids have lessons and the closest duct locations to them ...

yolo
03-18-2011, 12:15 PM
No that's middle of nowhere west. I was about 344 and a half steps from AVEK.

Lucky Lager
03-18-2011, 01:15 PM
No that's middle of nowhere west. I was about 344 and a half steps from AVEK.

thaaat's not possible sir :ROFL:
unless, of course, you were waaay out west, lol

Lucky Lager
03-18-2011, 01:17 PM
thaaat's not possible sir :ROFL:
unless, of course, you were waaay out west, lol

ah damn it!!
i just noticed you wrote avek.....not ave k.....i should have stayed in school, lol

yolo
03-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Yes pay attention, lol. It's the subtle things that make a difference. AVEK acronym is not the same as Ave K.

yolo
03-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Forgot to mention dirt side not blacktop side.

Lucky Lager
03-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Yes pay attention, lol. It's the subtle things that make a difference. AVEK acronym is not the same as Ave K.

lol! i thought about editing my first post, but figured i'd leave it there as punishment.
our company does some work for avek, and i always read the files as "ave k".....i'm sure this won't be the last time i make this mistake :)

yolo
03-18-2011, 08:50 PM
LL, Ever see any fish without eyes that live in the plumbing? I was always curious about what a fish would look like that lives in the underground pipes such as the LA aqueduct. Whenever they do connect it with the CA aqueduct some weird looking fish would get transferred from the LA duct. Imagine if stripers got into the LA aqueduct. It's coming but still a ways off before the 2 can exchange water. The 2 duct drains we recently had were related to the future exchange.

yolo
03-18-2011, 09:10 PM
wackyrigged, sorry I forgot to answer your last question. The answer is yes.

HaiTheMeister
03-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Nice fish Yolo! you should tag all the fish you released so we know which one to thank you. LOL

Lucky Lager
03-19-2011, 12:19 PM
LL, Ever see any fish without eyes that live in the plumbing? I was always curious about what a fish would look like that lives in the underground pipes such as the LA aqueduct. Whenever they do connect it with the CA aqueduct some weird looking fish would get transferred from the LA duct. Imagine if stripers got into the LA aqueduct. It's coming but still a ways off before the 2 can exchange water. The 2 duct drains we recently had were related to the future exchange.

haven't seen any no-eyed fish, but i have seen a one-eyed fish. years ago. i should have taken a picture of it, it was almost like it had a abnormal scale growing over it. it was hard like the head. i seem to remember that fish being around 6lb or so, so it had been around a little while. it's stomach was empty, i'm not sure how well it could hunt. i got it on a 1oz rat l trap, so i figured it relied heavily on vibration......this is all speculation of course, i'm no biologist, lol!

yolo
03-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Nice fish Yolo! you should tag all the fish you released so we know which one to thank you. LOL

Just thank me for all of them! LOL.

haven't seen any no-eyed fish, but i have seen a one-eyed fish. years ago. i should have taken a picture of it, it was almost like it had a abnormal scale growing over it. it was hard like the head. i seem to remember that fish being around 6lb or so, so it had been around a little while. it's stomach was empty, i'm not sure how well it could hunt. i got it on a 1oz rat l trap, so i figured it relied heavily on vibration......this is all speculation of course, i'm no biologist, lol!

I caught one like that too a couple of years ago. I'm more referring to the fish that live in the miles and miles of pipe that some might never see the light of day. They must look funky? I'm just guessing.

Lucky Lager
03-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Right. I haven't seen anything like that, but that would be crazy to see