PDA

View Full Version : Fairmount

riverside_angler
03-17-2011, 01:11 AM
went to lovely fairmount today to practice throwing a newly purchased lunker punker. Wasn't planning on catching anything, as I was simply trying to get a feel for the large bait. As I was walking the dog with this bait, one of those huge egret birds, or whatever they are, took multiple passes at this thing. Obviously it thought it was a real trout struggling on top of the water. this bird had at least a 7 foot wingspan and swooped at the bait. I sped up my retrieve to keep the bait away and then the bird lowered its legs and tried to land on the bait....good grief!
I guess if I can't catch a fish, I can always try for the poultry.

anyways, it was fun and exciting. all the guys who fish by the tank were cracking up as their catfish rigs with marshmallows were sitting idle.

met a dude named blake out there today. seemed like a cool dude. Maybe I'll meet some others out there soon.

catfish 17
03-17-2011, 03:51 AM
they were catfishing? did they catch anything?

bassgrabber1
03-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Yeah Blake is there quite a bit. He's a cool dude. When Tree throws that lunker punker at Perris, it makes all the birds start chasing it...lol

Sparky70
03-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Don't forget ur UZI when u go to Fairmont park to fish...Tweekers abound all over that park !

riverside_angler
03-17-2011, 02:06 PM
dude, the lunker is more deadly than an UZI. That thing is HEAVY and the upgraded hooks are liked razor blades comin' at you.

@catfish 17- there is 1 catfish in that lake and about 15 guys trying to catch it daily. There are some decent carp and the impossible bass.

Mestre909
03-17-2011, 03:19 PM
LMAO! darn birds

carpanglerdude
03-17-2011, 10:45 PM
LOl Sparky, stuck on the tweekers...every fairmount post heh

catfish 17
03-18-2011, 12:09 AM
dude, the lunker is more deadly than an UZI. That thing is HEAVY and the upgraded hooks are liked razor blades comin' at you.

@catfish 17- there is 1 catfish in that lake and about 15 guys trying to catch it daily. There are some decent carp and the impossible bass.

lol i believe that... They take cats too fast from that lake, any spots or tips for the carp?

Rapala17
03-18-2011, 01:40 AM
No joke, I had a duck get clipped on one my crank baits...it was horrible! Finally he shook it off, I got worried.

jerry951
03-23-2011, 06:16 PM
fishing bloopers haha!! im glad im not the only one out there trowing big swimbaits lol. i was there on monday trowing a lunker punker,producer plug and there was sm dudes fishing next to the tank they were looking at me like if i was crazy lol. but i was just curious of how far i could cast now, since i switched from braid to mono. like riverside angler said.. i wasn't planning on catching anything, but who knows theres some nice bass in those lakes lol would be sweet hooking up on a lunker bass, might go out there tomorrow depending on the weather.

Ifishtoolittle
03-23-2011, 06:47 PM
LOL at least you got more action than the Cat guys.

The Angler
03-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Yup them dudes are there everyday from morning till sundown. Blasting the radio out of there cadillac.