PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin,Nevada fishing trip

EagleClaw85
03-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Im going to Laughlin,Nevada this weekend to fish the colorado river for trout.Im not that experienced at fishing for trout in rivers because i usually fish for them in lakes.I found a recreation area over there thats right by the river so im willing to try my luck.I already have my nevada fishing license.How do you fish for trout in a river like that?I got light tackle spinning poles.What baits should i use?Powerbait?Need help and tips.Thanks

GdHkSet1
03-16-2011, 07:46 PM
There's some nice rainbows in there but then again some nice stripers too! My brother was using 1/4oz gold kastmasters and landed a nice 4 lbr near the Riverside Hotel. Good luck....

Sparky70
03-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Go 4 Carp... They are thick as fleas. Use canned corn 4 bait. They R fun to catch, but not to eat. :Angry:

Piss on Myspace
03-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Go 4 Carp... They are thick as fleas. Use canned corn 4 bait. They R fun to catch, but not to eat. :Angry:

ditto......that or the linesides!

icachum2
03-17-2011, 12:58 AM
If you don't have a can opener for the corn, you can always use a piece of tortilla from your taco. Bigguns carps in that water. Rooster tails work for the trout. Gold blade with yellow/black and silver blade with white. Cut anchovies for the strippers.

Good luck, can't wait to see a report.

EagleClaw85
03-17-2011, 12:09 PM
If you don't have a can opener for the corn, you can always use a piece of tortilla from your taco. Bigguns carps in that water. Rooster tails work for the trout. Gold blade with yellow/black and silver blade with white. Cut anchovies for the strippers.

Good luck, can't wait to see a report.

Yeah you can see some huge carp when you look from the river walk.