PDA

View Full Version : Bassin at the Vine

Boater13
03-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Thinking of taking my boat out for some bass this weekend but i haven't seen any reports recently. All i know is they are in pre-spawn or even spawning mode now and are hopefully moving up to the shallows (10 ft). So if you anything about the bassin at Irvine recently and info is appreaciated :Big Grin:

TaperSteve
03-15-2011, 07:49 PM
the Vine is a great place to fish for bass! They're probably still in pre-spawn mode right now. Also the crappie and trout bite is "on the hook" right now so if the bass don't want to play you still have other options. I'll be there this Friday night camping the line and fishing Saturday. Hope to see you there!

TS

Hometown
03-15-2011, 09:02 PM
might not be the best weekend for bass as the sport chalet tourney is on lots of folks

karalm
03-16-2011, 06:29 AM
So not to be a downer but went yesterday (post to follow) and the bass/trout was slow. Very warm by mid-day and no wind made it hot and not seeing/hearing while asking on bass or trout. Got only 1 19" bow on the troll while fishing for trout and also hit the "bass spots" will no luck or fish seen. Also this weekend, big tourney and crowds - I would not go for that mess......

MAVERICK27
03-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Sorry I have not been on here lately, but the bass have come in more and more shallow and in numbers as the water temp goes over 57 and climbs. There are a lot of fish biting right now, just all about bait selection. Jigs, carolina, small to medium plastics and some cranking getting it done. Good luck to you out there!!!