PDA

View Full Version : Finney & Ramer Lakes???

Fisher
03-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Hey Everybody, just wanted to know how everybody does at Ramer and Finney Lakes in Imperial County??? I've been to Ramer and NOTHING....but I haven't given it a bunch of tries...a co worker of mine told me he would catch loads of crappie back in the day, when he was younger....he's in his 40s. Bass fishing is good from what I hear. A lot of structure in the lake. Ramer is only about 5 feet deep at the most. I also heard that Ramer was stocked with Crappie last year...not sure. I read on the other thread that somebody caught loads of Crappie and blues recently....??? What spot and what baits?

Finney I've heard from a lot of locals has good Cats and good Bass. Now, I'm not sure but I'm almost confident there are loads of Tilapia. I remember netting a whole bunch of them and using as bait a few years back. They were very small...and we used them and kept getting hit...but nothing!!! There's a hell of a lot of Carp.

What's going on with these lakes. They look pretty nice and lots of shady areas. Any good recent reports. I would love to fish both of them more often, but of course, only if I know there are fish to catch!

Yep, we fished Ramer not too long ago and not a single bite..nothing...so, I'm wondering what's the deal???

Any feedback is greatly appreciated:Razz:

TiskTisk
03-15-2011, 12:50 PM
I was at Finney on Saturday 3/12/2011, and there was only one other local guy there. He said there was lots of Catfish, Bluegill, and Bass in the lake. We were fishing on the west side of a thin road that crosses the lake towards the south side. We saw fish jumping, but we caught nothing on nightcrawlers and stink bait. The local guy was also using nightcrawlers and didn't catch anything before leaving. Weiss lake right below it had about 20 people fishing since early AM, that all had buckets of 3-5 fish that were mostly bluegill. They were using a neon pink/green PowerBait and night crawlers. We didn't stay log and we had no bites. It was a $2 fee for parking, but they have covered tables on the waters edge which were nice for getting out of the hot sun.