PDA

View Full Version : Big Bad Reds?

Poxy Boggards
03-15-2011, 08:18 AM
Link:
http://www.fishinglakes.com/bigbadreds.htm

Just wondering where these bad boys come from. Sounds like they are some nice fish! Anyone know if these are coming from Mount Lassen or Chalk Mound, or somewhere else?

Can't wait to pull on one of these bad boys!

Rooster
03-15-2011, 08:27 AM
I could be wrong but it looks like the RubyREDS from Jess. Love that pic Of TM65
http://www.fishinglakes.com/BigBadRedsFlier.jpg

2quikmotorwerks
03-15-2011, 09:07 AM
i agree with rooster, they are the ruby reds from jess ranch

Matt44
03-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Sounds like tailwalkers to me. Full broom tails that's chaulk mound talk lol. Iv fished jess many times being that my mom lives a quarter of a mile down the street. And never seen something that big out of there, iv never even seen one that big in there teaser ponds behind the lake either. Just sounds fishy if jess had these fish why wouldn't they make money with them at there own lake don't add up. U don't hear reports of trophies like that at jess either just my two cents

Poxy Boggards
03-15-2011, 11:01 AM
They do have a bunch well over the 10 pound mark in the teaser ponds at Jess ranch, so I'd say it's a possibility. Though I have never seen any approaching the 20 lb size out there. Anyone from the lake staff have a comment on this?

Marley
03-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Link:
http://www.fishinglakes.com/bigbadreds.htm

Just wondering where these bad boys come from. Sounds like they are some nice fish! Anyone know if these are coming from Mount Lassen or Chalk Mound, or somewhere else?

Can't wait to pull on one of these bad boys!

They come from "somewhere else." They had one at the Hall show and it was a beautiful fish. Thick-bodied, full-finned with a snub-nosed bullet head. It wreaked of speed and power. The fish they showed looked to weigh between four and five pounds, maybe nudged six. It would give someone a big ride on 2-lb, if they could turn it.
I hope these fish are able to be delivered in any quantity at all.

Thisfool
03-15-2011, 01:37 PM
sure does look like a bad *** fish.

i just got to wonder with the way the shore lines at SARL/corona get shoulder to shoulder how is any one ever going to catch one with out it tangling 10-15 peoples lines. if it fights as hard as they say they do. i mean heck if the tail walkers fight as hard as they make them out to they would tangle up every one on shore.

but none the less it sure dose look like a beautiful fish and i wouldn't mind having one on the end of my line.

ps. i love the part in the vid where they are hitting the cheese little fish shaped thing on the pole, that really got my adrenaline pumping

Matt44
03-15-2011, 01:42 PM
well it shows a guy holding one up on fishinglakes.com said a few were dropped in looks like a tailwalker to me

Hitts0n
03-15-2011, 02:03 PM
I wish they would throw more into the lake.Its sad to see when 91% of the lake is getting skunked all day.And the other 9 are the birds who are
picking them off! SMH...

Thisfool
03-15-2011, 02:15 PM
well it shows a guy holding one up on fishinglakes.com said a few were dropped in looks like a tailwalker to me

yea true but those pics could of been taken on a slow weekend day.

just had the idea.

unless they are getting a super small shipment of fish these fish have to be coming in from one of there current suppliers of fish. other wise some one would of made mention of seeing a different stocking truck or seeing lake staff dumping fish in separately.

but i doubt they are dumping them in by had. If i ownd a lake and i wanted to get a buzz going about some bad ars fish i would have to put more then just a few in the lake cuz there is no way i can guarantee that they will get hooked if i only put a small number. and i really doubt that one company is going to let another company put there fish on there truck.

Troutman65
03-15-2011, 02:21 PM
The Big Bad Reds are indeed from Jess Ranch . They are being breed / grown special for SARL/ Corona lakes . A few were put in SARL and I was one to catch two of them in one day last Dec. One at 8.0 and one at 10.8. SARL managment want to use my photo for the ad. I was stoked . Some should be ready for stocking next year ? It takes time to grow big bad Reds . I will tell you one thing . Those two trout were the hardest fighting trout I have ever fought and landed !!!! I will never forget that and will be going back to target those Big Bad Reds when the lake stocks them . Forget 2 lb test .:LOL:

Thisfool
03-15-2011, 02:49 PM
The Big Bad Reds are indeed from Jess Ranch . They are being breed / grown special for SARL/ Corona lakes . A few were put in SARL and I was one to catch two of them in one day last Dec. One at 8.0 and one at 10.8. SARL managment want to use my photo for the ad. I was stoked . Some should be ready for stocking next year ? It takes time to grow big bad Reds . I will tell you one thing . Those two trout were the hardest fighting trout I have ever fought and landed !!!! I will never forget that and will be going back to target those Big Bad Reds when the lake stocks them . Forget 2 lb test .:LOL:

cool right on man. i usaly stay clear of sarl (just not a fan) but it looks like i am going to have to make it a point to hit up coron next month

Troutman65
03-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Just watched the video link Wes put on the first post . Have to say the underwater footage of the Big Bad Reds is AWESOME !!!! According to the link next Month ( April ) we all will get the chance to catch some . SWEET !!!! I will be trying very hard to land some more of them Big Bad Reds !!!! Nothing like them anywhere !!!

sapdawg11
03-15-2011, 10:24 PM
While first working on the Inflatable Navy and From Aaron's Angle stuff the Lakes asked me if I wanted to see something really cool. Expecting something along the lines of some cool fishing photos or maybe some event news, my jaw dropped when they pulled out Patrick's ad and a few pics of this new fish that they had been working on for a looooooong time. All of the fish in the pictures were over 10 pounds and had these awesome fins, amazing colors, and were shaped like the fish version of a pitbull! Just WOW. And with the next line I just about fell out of my seat...

"Wanna go see 'em in person?"

Are you kidding me?!?! Then came...

"If you're interested, we'd love for you to make a video..."

:Big Grin:

I still can't get over these fish. They truly are incredible in every regard. When we put that little metal fish thing in the water for scale (it's about 5 inches long) so that you could see how big these fish already are, we had NO idea that they were going to attack it! That thing had no scent on it, no bait, no nothing (that orange thing in front of the little metal fish is a plastic photography scale bar). Just a little silvery flash and those fish wanted to kill it. The entire stand was rocking and rolling and our poor metal scale bar was completely slimed when we pulled it out of the water . There were a few times that they did the same thing with the camera lens when it caught the sun right too! I'd say get the hooks on those spoons, kastmasters, etc. sharpened because they are probably going to come in handy in a month and next season!

I've been a "2-pound test only" guy for a loonnnnng time but that WILL change next season. These are NOT your standard double digit trout and the tactics we've all been using for years to pull up the monsters will need to be rethought. Chasing them down on the tube and waiting for them to go belly up simply ain't gonna happen. After seeing what I saw when we took the video, I really can't wrap my head around getting after one of these when they hit the 20 pound mark. It's going to be incredible. Break out the fighting belts boys!!!

Patrick...I'm so jealous of you my man!! Really looking forward to meeting you in person and hearing the story straight from the man, the myth, the LEGEND!!!!