PDA

View Full Version : 3/14 trip

hooks
03-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Hey Viners,
Arrived at 4am to find 1 car (fish sniper Bob). Nobody else arrived until after 5?
The temp was a pleasant 48 degrees. Launched at 6 and headed to the trees back in snaggers cove (woodys). Fished there until about 7:30ish for nothing. Then I tried trolling a nightcrawler. About mid lake, the clicker on the reel starts screaming. After a short fight, I have 3 pounder in the basket. Little did I know that was to be my only fish of the day.
Trolled back around to woodys cove to the tree spot. Fished there for 4 hours and only got one hit on the bobber.
I heard some guys on shore back there trying to net fish that were swimming up tight to shore. I didn't see anyone land a fish the rest of the day.
The water temp was 60 in the morning and went up to 67 by 2pm. If this keeps up, the trout season will be over very soon. With rain forecast for this weekend, maybe the temps. will drop again.
Anyhoo, if you're headed out anytime soon, know that the fish are going deep with all this warm weather. I didn't see anyone catch anything other then a few bluegill from shore. It may be time to start looking for those kitties.
tight lines and best of luck out there (it's getting tough) :Sad:

JAG107
03-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the report, hopefully it will be better by the weekend.

oomicha3loo
03-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Cold weather = bad fishing

dixoncider
03-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Cold weather = bad fishing

Not for TrouT...Thanks for the report. Going to bring leadcore and/or my downrigger for wednesday..Thanks

diamondbear
03-15-2011, 10:43 AM
With the warmer weather coming it'll push the trout to deeper water [ not so much in the mornings ] but by late morning mid lk. or the dam area with leaded line or your dwn. rigs. Going deeper try using a 4/0 seps pro dodger , a 18 inch leader with a size 2 bait hook and a nite crawler , trolled slow and deep . // db

hooks
03-15-2011, 11:38 AM
I was using a mini-flasher (not sure of the name but it had 3 blades). 18 inch leader and 3 quarter ounce egg sinker on top of it all for some weight. The speed was 1.8 mph or slower. Time for that lead core!

5150fishn
03-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the info. hooks!