PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys do this

fish-o-haulic
03-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Im kinda bored right now and started thinking about some old experiences i had while fishing. then i thought about the time when i went to brite lake in tehachapi, for a fishing derby with my uncle and brother and neese. theres a spot that we had where just about every trip we had our limit of trout within 3 hours. when we got there our car got stuck in the mud becuz about a week befor Tehachapi had gotten snow so the land was all muddy . well some guys not to far from where we were caught wind of our situation and offered to help. well unfortunately that particular day my cousin who is more like a neese came along, keep in mind she was only about 10 at the time and very active. so after trying to get unstuck without any luck we (including me my uncle my brother and the two men helping us) tried to figure out how to get the car unstuck when my neese sees a bird swoop down and grab a fish then she blurts out "hey this is the spot you told me about where you always catch a bunch of fish" with that said the other men helping us look up and start asking us question about the spot we tried our best not to answer them without being rude but couldnt but saying most of the time, i don't remember. After a few minutes my uncle decides we should get ourselves registered for the derby. when we came back the men had four or five fishing pole each spread out about 10 to 15 feet a part. We saw that, looked over at my neese in anger and then we looked at one of the men who helped us and he just shrugged his shoulders and said Oh well in a sarcastic voice. My question is would you do that

Marley
03-14-2011, 12:16 PM
While them taking your spot is not illegal and not really immoral, it is in very poor taste. I would never do that. This brings to mind several rants on other boards about why poeple don't share their secret spots, and should serve as a prime example of why they don't.
OTOH, we raise our kids to be honest and that's all the niece was doing. Sounds like those guys who pooched your spot were just being uncool.

fish-o-haulic
03-14-2011, 01:18 PM
While them taking your spot is not illegal and not really immoral, it is in very poor taste. I would never do that. This brings to mind several rants on other boards about why poeple don't share their secret spots, and should serve as a prime example of why they don't.
OTOH, we raise our kids to be honest and that's all the niece was doing. Sounds like those guys who pooched your spot were just being uncool.

I laughed about it later, its just like something you would see on tv. as far as my neese she loves doings things to be funny and did it more so to annoy my younger brother who is just a few years older than her he told her not to say anything about our spot not realizing that she didnt know where our spot was so to annoy him she just picked a random spot, which coisodently happen to be our spot though she didnt do it to tip of the other guys there it was just ones of those moments in life that you laugh at later

exfactor
03-14-2011, 01:50 PM
If they got your car unstuck, then you owed them bro. I had a similiar experience where I helped someone get unstuck from the mud. Long story short, we ended up having 3 vehicles stuck, and i bailed all of them out with AAA. Just sayin, the fish still has to bite the hook.

Anthony I.
03-14-2011, 03:28 PM
In answering your question- no i would not do that. Although, while at the Yucaipa derby earlier this year, the guy next to me caught one fish, and within 30 seconds these other guys moved from their spot and began fining where the guy caught the fish... It sucked because the guy who caught the fish was getting the hook out of the fish mouth and was not paying attention, then looks up to see the two guys standing right on front of him casting away... He said hey man I was fishing right here you know.. And one of the other guys looked at him and said really... I dont see your name here... And kept fishing... It's not illegal but is in very poor taste

fish-o-haulic
03-14-2011, 04:59 PM
If they got your car unstuck, then you owed them bro. I had a similiar experience where I helped someone get unstuck from the mud. Long story short, we ended up having 3 vehicles stuck, and i bailed all of them out with AAA. Just sayin, the fish still has to bite the hook.

they actually didnt even get it out they made it worse because they kept arguing with each other how to get it unstuck later we ended up just having to get the park ranger to help us cuz we didnt have AAA anymore

fish-o-haulic
03-14-2011, 05:02 PM
In answering your question- no i would not do that. Although, while at the Yucaipa derby earlier this year, the guy next to me caught one fish, and within 30 seconds these other guys moved from their spot and began fining where the guy caught the fish... It sucked because the guy who caught the fish was getting the hook out of the fish mouth and was not paying attention, then looks up to see the two guys standing right on front of him casting away... He said hey man I was fishing right here you know.. And one of the other guys looked at him and said really... I do see your name here... And kept fishing... It's not illegal but is in very poor taste

thats really messed up, I wouldnt take another guys spot unless hes leaving.