PDA

View Full Version : Apollo Lake

reservoir dog
03-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Decided to hit up Apollo Lake this past Saturday, week after they had their trout derby the weekend before. I figured there's gotta be some left over fish. Minutes after casting my line I hit a 3lb'er. Shortly after I saw a 10lb'er swim by along the shore but wasn't able to catch it. Overall people were reeling in some fish as I went home with a few myself. Sorry let my camera at home so no pics.

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-14-2011, 06:03 PM
congrats on the catches...

Theres definately still gotta be sum fish left especially the smarter units..

I was there for the derby and though fish were caught, it was far from wide open..

I did take a little change home though...
(see post link)
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?54464-Apollo-park-trout-derby-sat-3-5

Congrats on ur catches, too bad about the 10lb class hog...I know theres still sum pigs out there : )

reservoir dog
03-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Congrats on your win in the derby gletemfeelsteelgary. So how many lbs was that fish? Not bad thing..getting paid to fish.

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Congrats on your win in the derby gletemfeelsteelgary. So how many lbs was that fish? Not bad thing..getting paid to fish.

Thanks...that fish was:

5 lbs 6 ounces…
2 lb test

1st place Winning feesh took a $1,500 payday : )
(dayam !)

Trout Chaser1
03-31-2011, 10:13 PM
I fish appalo park a lot, there usually atleast once a week, if not im at the duct. Any idea when the next derby is? Saw someone pull out a fish in the 5-10pound range about a week ago... Thing was prolly around 20 inches but a HUGE belly.. Saw someone had a big fishy fish in there net on there way to there car today too... well congrats on this fish and the cash!

wackyrigged
03-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Next derby is in November I think.Theres a sign in front of the park that says all the dates at least I think its still up.