PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood - 3/12/11

Josh
03-14-2011, 09:06 AM
So I went up to victorville with the wife and we stayed with some of our friends. The plan was to go fishing with my friend Karl the next day while the wife and her friend went to the tattoo shop.

We got to Silverwood around 7:30 and there was a pretty big line, turns out there was a bass tourney going on. Once we got in we bought dock passes and since neither one of us had really fished there before we spent the morning working the dock area. My only goal was to catch something other than trout and I was pretty successful in that goal.

We hadn't got much of a bite from anything but some of the guys were pulling in a few bass so I decided what the heck. I set myself up with a texas rig using an ox-blood worm and started casting/jigging it off the bottom around the docks.

I hadn't been doing it longer than 5 minutes when I noticed my rod was real heavy on the way up. I started reeling in and thought I had just caught some weeds or something off the bottom. Much to my surprise, and delight it was a 3-4lb large mouth. Karl got it out of the water by hand since he didn't have a net, he tried handing it to me but I didn't have a good grip on the lip and the fish fell, bounced off the dock and into the water so sadly no pics.

We didn't get anything else in the way of bites but we were just there to get some lines wet anyway and since I didn't have my car I didn't have my boat so there was no way to really work the lake. Overall it was a good day, met the head of the bass group that was up there, Todd, and had a good time fishing before heading back out to meet up with our wives.

TaperSteve
03-14-2011, 09:17 AM
WTG on the nice bass! See you Friday night....

TS

Josh
03-14-2011, 09:18 AM
WTG on the nice bass! See you Friday night....

TS

Good job on those trout at the vine. Look forward to seeing you again friday as well.