PDA

View Full Version : Colored fishing line

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
03-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Okay guys,
I fish, primarily, with green BBG line for stained waters. I did have that "solor collector" green color line spooled on and used it on saturday. I got skunked and noticed in DVL's clear water, I could see my line above AND below the water. It glowed a lot all day long.
My question is, when fishing for Stryper and LMB and having a swimbait tied, would that glowing color affect the bite?
Do you guys think that it contributed to the skunk?
Should I just keep the glowing line for cats at night?

Any opinions would be helpful
Mike

Nessie Hunter
03-14-2011, 09:12 AM
MHO on line:
Fish can see well as predators.
Once hooked they fear that, and seeing line attached will make a big difference.
The lines with any Pigment in them at all, will be seen. Red is the first color to go in the spectrum, but the pigment then just shows as black...
Clear line & Fluoro is much better in clear water.
I do use green in stained water, but anything clear or deep I use clear Mono or Fluoro lines..
Reaction type (fast moving baits) are kess likely to have the line seen as they attack, but?? who knows.
Some will tie straight to Braid for Reaction baits and do well..

Glowing line??? How much more visible can ya get, Catches the fisherman, not the fish imho..
Like The red lines that say it disappears !!
The color may go at 10 to 30 Ft but it still has pigment that is seen as black!!!
Catch that fisherman!!!

DarkShadow
03-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Nessie,

I use red line for striper feesh because it blends in with the blood we let run after we slay them jail birds.