PDA

View Full Version : Any good tips for shore fishing both Castaic lakes?

Payduck
03-14-2011, 02:23 AM
I am new to Castaic and and i am somewhat new to bass fishing. Does anyone have any good tips for shore fishing at Castaic(Lagoon and upper lake)?

I am going mostly for LMB but catching anything would be nice.

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-14-2011, 06:07 PM
see other post tips:
(sorry not re-writing them as the last few times the individuals didn't end up going-don't want to spin wheels here)
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?54591-Castaic-Or-Pyramid-Friday-Morning

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-14-2011, 06:08 PM
AND:
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?54257-Any-tips

laserbrn
03-15-2011, 05:35 AM
Just want to let you know gletemfeelsteelgary that your advice has not fallen on deaf ears. I am new to fishing and new to Castaic lake so I find it extremely helpful.

Btbdodgers
03-16-2011, 09:26 PM
gary is full of *****, and eats LMB bass, wrong guy to get tips from, also he fishes castaic almost never

reservoir dog
03-17-2011, 09:53 AM
You best bet is to fish the upper lagoon, that's where all the big fish are. Even better if you have a boat or rent one. The lower lagoon is ok, not too many big bites, which is probably why the lower lagoon is open 24 hours and the upper one isn't.

Marine_Michael
03-17-2011, 11:20 AM
What a bunch of crap. The lagoon is the place to try for big fish, not the upper lake, especialy from shore. Look up Butch Brown on youtube, all those fish are from the lagoon. Weather or not someone eats LMB doesn't mean their advise is any less valid. Gary lives close to the lake and fishes it a lot or at least used to.

fish-o-haulic
03-17-2011, 11:47 AM
I heard that back during the lakes baby years that alot of people would catch close to world record sized fish out of the upper lake go show a bunch of people have pictures taken and then release them into the lower lake for convience. I wasnt sure about that until one time i went to the lower lake and saw a dead fish with half of his body decayed on the shore but the amazing thing was the half that wasnt decayed came up to about my waste I dont know how long that is but im 5'101\2 so that had to be a pretty big fish. PS it was a large mouth and the half that wasnt decayed was his upper part of the body

Ray Lopez
03-17-2011, 12:25 PM
You best bet is to fish the upper lagoon, that's where all the big fish are. Even better if you have a boat or rent one. The lower lagoon is ok, not too many big bites, which is probably why the lower lagoon is open 24 hours and the upper one isn't.
ARE YOU CRAZY????

I was at the lagoon last night and my buddy rich caught his first DD bass at 10 pounds on a wacky rigged senko. I have also landed a few DD bass on the lower lake a 19.4, a 12.6 and a 10.4. The lower lake is the place to fish if you are looking for big bass!! I have also lost countless DD bass from my tube fishing the north end of the lower lake.

The upper lake was the place for the big ones back in the 90's but since the striper population took over on the upper lake the big bass have now been caught on the regular on the Lagoon.

But if you are looking for different species then the upper is your best bet. As of last year people have started to land a few small mouth as well as large mouth and of course the stripers.

The prespawn is about to pop off on the lower lake. The bite is picking up in the shallows but still picking up most fish in the deeper water. Work plastics nice and slow off points and drop offs right now and in a month or so start working the shallow spots and sandy beaches to get in on the spawn bite.

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-17-2011, 12:35 PM
gary is full of *****, and eats LMB bass, wrong guy to get tips from, also he fishes castaic almost never
Dude your lost...do you really think I eat the bass regularly, I've eaten a few in my day but I don't regularly...

I guess I never fish castaic either huh....hmmm wow...your a rocket scientist...

well buddy, since my advice isn't sufficient why don't you be a gent and help the poor feller out....

hand him some advice instead of slingin the mud...

in fact let's hear about all those top secret LMB slay methods, U know the ones U just read about in bassmaster magazine...

I know ur the bastmasta classic slaya' !

Why don't you help a brotha out ? sheesh, I was trying to help the guy....

But you do make it AWFULLY tempting to catch kill and fillet me one in YOUR NAME !

Ray Lopez
03-17-2011, 01:14 PM
lol The drama is the death of this site!

Thats why i just SHUT UP AND FISH! now

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-17-2011, 04:38 PM

BTW, during those times when I DON’T FISH THE LAGOON, these fish magically appeared!

And that’s just a few….

All but 1 of those feesh are from the lagoon….but who am I to talk….

I don’t know #@%$

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/Gary-afewhawgscollected.jpg

Double A
03-17-2011, 04:43 PM
mmmmmmmmm...

TACOS !!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-17-2011, 04:47 PM
mmmmmmmmm...

TACOS !!!
Ceviche'

Not a one died.....YET

Marine_Michael
03-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Ceviche'

Not a one died.....YET

Got a recipie for that? I'm thinking Striper or Crappie would make a good substitution for LMB

Ray Lopez
03-17-2011, 05:11 PM
BTW, during those times when I DON’T FISH THE LAGOON, these fish magically appeared!

And that’s just a few….

All but 1 of those feesh are from the lagoon….but who am I to talk….

I don’t know #@%$

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/Gary-afewhawgscollected.jpg

DINKS!!! lol

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-17-2011, 05:21 PM
DINKS!!! lol
Yeaup.....

I LUV DINKS !

Btbdodgers
03-17-2011, 08:28 PM
gary, ive heard from lots that you fish on the west side at night, so you go ahead and keep poaching:Big Grin:

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-18-2011, 09:29 AM
gary, ive heard from lots that you fish on the west side at night, so you go ahead and keep poaching:Big Grin:

U better drop your heart-on buddy, I never fish the west swimbeach side,

you need stop makin up cheet U idiot…

So now I’m a poacher huh, that’s just show’s your stupidity…Ur kind always shows it’s ugly face here….AND ur kind ALWAYS fades away…while I’ll continue to catch some peegs…and U’ll continue to stumble upon ur miniscule 3-4 lbders….enjoy them ….

have a great day….Classic Masta’ !

By the way, where’s ur advice to the angler seeking advice ?

What ?…don’t have any…ok…that’s what I thought…

Stop making things up ..if ur gonna attempt to bash me it aint workin….

If U insist on this Bool-cheet two can play…if that’s what U want…

pretty stupid if U ask me, Stupid is as stupid does…..

Btbdodgers
03-18-2011, 09:37 AM
lol keep catching those dinks, like your avatar lol

laserbrn
03-18-2011, 10:43 AM
I would be upset about these 2 moron's hijacking every thread with nothing else to offer but mindless bantering back and forth, but nobody else is posting anything at all, so at least there's something to read. What a sad state this forum is in. I recently joined, but it's easy to see this is a pathetic attempt at a forum. Users make forums and this is just sad.

Surprising that there are advertisers.

dixoncider
03-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Looks pretty good there....If you camp can you fish down there all night also?

Big G
03-25-2011, 09:26 PM
laserbrn dont worry soon fishing is going to pick up, and then this forum will get better. Atleast there will be some interesting fish reports that can share good quality info. And hopefully these clowns will grow up by then.