PDA

View Full Version : City park giant bass!

fishindude420
03-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Went to one of the city park lakes last week to check out how the bite was. it was slow most of the time. I got 2 fish but 1 of them was a giant prespawn female. I saw her swimming around chasing bluegill in the morning and all it took was a quiet cast the right bait and presentation and she turned and inhaled it! Freaked me out. Her belly was so obese she couldnt jump. Just big splashes and her head coming out of the water. She took me for 2 really big runs then she was just dead weight with head shakes. Slowly babied her in and then i really freaked out when i got a close up of her. She was WAYYY bigger then i thought when i saw her. Lipped her as quick as i could and did a pretty loud war cry! hahaha. Had someone take a quick pick, weighed her and got her back in A.S.A.P so she could release all her eggs for more toads in the future! She must of had pounds of eggs in her she was almost exploded. And had a huge bluegill sticking out of her throat too! Beautiful fish and my pb for this lake!

a321eric
03-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Strait toad dude! Good Job!

riverside_angler
03-13-2011, 11:15 PM
how much did she weigh? nice fish!

fishindude420
03-13-2011, 11:19 PM
how much did she weigh? nice fish!

Sorry bro i dont wanna say the weight on here. No disrespect to you but some guys on here are geniuses and have scales in there eyes when it comes to pics. So id rather not say and have a good post with no drama,lol. U guys can guess if you want and ill let u know if ur close :) thanks for the reply man!

bman90278
03-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Sorry bro i dont wanna say the weight on here. No disrespect to you but some guys on here are geniuses and have scales in there eyes when it comes to pics. So id rather not say and have a good post with no drama,lol. U guys can guess if you want and ill let u know if ur close :) thanks for the reply man!

Awesome catch!!!!! If you scaled the fish you should be able to add the weight in the report, if you want. I wouldn't worry about a few jerks that think they can guess weights off of photos.

Btbdodgers
03-14-2011, 12:48 AM
isnt the whole point to ffn is to share information, whats working, what lakes are biting? this thread should be deleted.

fishindude420
03-14-2011, 12:57 AM
There hitting jerk baits and plastics and there biting at all the lakes its spring.YOU HAPPY NOW!. This isnt a lake btw its a pond with more fisherman then fish. Dont post on my thread if you dont like it go mind your own business. And ive put in plenty of useful information on my posts at the regular lakes and answered many pms helping people out and putting them on fish so you have no right to jump on me like that. People these days!Do you really have nothing better to do then to hate on people over the computer. You could be making a detailed fishing report letting people know exactly whats going on at your home lake instead of hating on me. :Guns: :Guns:

fishindude420
03-14-2011, 01:02 AM
Awesome catch!!!!! If you scaled the fish you should be able to add the weight in the report, if you want. I wouldn't worry about a few jerks that think they can guess weights off of photos.

Thanks man. Yah but still id rather not get anymore haters on my post. Already got 1! lol. she was over 7 under 11 pounds so somewhere around there thats the best i can do.lol

radray
03-14-2011, 01:27 AM
Nice fish Fishindude! A beautiful fish. Congrats on the catch, Photo and Release. Hopefully she produces more like her for the future generations. Regardless of the exact weight, she is an awesome fish and I would definitely say a double digit.

Raymond

fishindude420
03-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Nice fish Fishindude! A beautiful fish. Congrats on the catch, Photo and Release. Hopefully she produces more like her for the future generations. Regardless of the exact weight, she is an awesome fish and I would definitely say a double digit.

Raymond

Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words. Yah she was a beauty. The best part of the whole thing was watching the fish swim away. It looked like a overgrown football with fins,lol. Hopefully she has some great babies that will grow up into monsters like her someday.

dfisher
03-14-2011, 09:32 AM
nice toad, im guessing 10lbs. hopefully no poachers saw you catch it so she can lay eggs.

good job!

DarkShadow
03-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Castaic Lagoon weight is 14.2. Real life weight? About 11. Definitely a toad in my book.

And, to avoid getting the "haters" on posts, you should've thrown this in the Photos section, as it's a lovely example of a nice fish.

Or just straight up lied about the details. That'll have the report chasers running around LA or the OC.

"I caught him at the lake inside Disneyland with cut mackerel."

CPT. Kirk
03-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Great fish! thanks for the photo.

EL_CHIDO
03-14-2011, 10:03 AM
"I caught him at the lake inside Disneyland with cut mackerel."

LMFAO!!

That's my honey hole, too!

KILLA
03-14-2011, 10:09 AM
There hitting jerk baits and plastics and there biting at all the lakes its spring.YOU HAPPY NOW!. This isnt a lake btw its a pond with more fisherman then fish. Dont post on my thread if you dont like it go mind your own business. You could be making a detailed fishing report letting people know exactly whats going on at your home lake instead of hating on me. :Guns: :Guns:

X2,
only a lurker complains when he can't see the background in photo.

Now back to the MONSTER BASS in the photo, HOLY _ _ _ _ FD420, that is a beautiful female, Catch of the week for sure's!

viking172
03-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Way to go man that things awesome, letting a fish like that go is such an amazing feeling. And I agree with you, no need to share info on the internet.... these people arent your friends, they will be at your spot with a bucket in no time. A Nice picture is all thats needed, just a reminder they are out there ya know. Just looking at the pic I was saying 10-12 pounds. Again great job.

tree
03-14-2011, 10:27 AM
WOOOO WEEE! that is a PIGGY! Hope her spawn grows up to live as long as healthy as she does!

Koontaj
03-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Horale! Whats up with that ese...Whatever...Drama man...ha ha ha...

Koontaj
03-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Nice fish though, I can only dream.

Ifishtoolittle
03-14-2011, 11:27 AM
One hell of a fish that's for sure, and for a city park it's definitely a good idea to protect the whereabouts of this fish. For you lurkers why don't stop complaining for info when you don't contribute anything yourself?! People only hide their spots and techniques when they know that the info they give out can have some potential harm to fish in small bodies of water. Anything else well I don't think it's rational.

BlkManFishin
03-14-2011, 11:33 AM
That fish is a beast.. Congrats on the catch.. #420

Rooster
03-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Nicely done... Congrats on the beast

reservoir dog
03-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Nice catch fishindude420 and great release cause you know she'll be producing more...

CL SmooV
03-14-2011, 12:01 PM
GeeeeZ thats a nice *** fish!

I swear i'm contemplaing leaving work now to go fish. If I can come up with good reason, i'm out.

-smoov

BlkManFishin
03-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Im always thimkin of leavin work to fish. HAHA

flyforfish21
03-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Very nice man, i had a DD female inhale a hudd on a bed the other day, but didn't swing on purpose, she was too close to shore and didn't want people to see and bother her.

BTW, your hat is crooked! LOL. Nice fish man

Geoff

Rapala17
03-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Oh my word, that is one big female! Great catch man.

fish-o-haulic
03-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Great fish I can imagine what it was like reelin her in thats the kind of fish fisherman envy others over. Dont stop fishin'

fishindude420
03-14-2011, 05:51 PM
your first DD ever and you didnt set the hook? Somethings fishy about that! If she was that close to shore someones gonna c her sooner or later!lol. btw this wasnt on a bed just to let u know. and the hats crooked for a reason :)

fishindude420
03-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks for all the replys guys i appreciate it! And im glad you understand why i blacked out. or whited out in this case the backround. no need for her to go on a bbq because of some dumb lurker i rather not take the chance. Shes gonna produce some great fish for the future :)

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-14-2011, 05:57 PM
One great obese fat Momma right there...regardless of any specific weight..in fact, too many people get hung up on weight...the fish is a peeg...simple as that..a TOAD fo SHO' !

The more big fish you get under your belt, exact specifics re: weight don't really matter unless it's your PB...

One to always remember..

Nice job : )

Congrats...

Keep up the good work and don't let the bad apples get ya...

Slay anutha one down soon..

Good luck to ya !

Gary

Zombie Bass ATTACK
03-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Good job tim id post the other one you got too from the other lake ;] ... Geoff your killing me man why didnt you set the hook? hahaha thats classic...

fishindude420
03-14-2011, 06:03 PM
One great obese fat Momma right there...regardless of any specific weight..in fact, too many people get hung up on weight...the fish is a peeg...simple as that..a TOAD fo SHO' !

The more big fish you get under your belt, exact specifics re: weight don't really matter unless it's your PB...

One to always remember..

Nice job : )

Congrats...

Keep up the good work and don't let the bad apples get ya...

Slay anutha one down soon..

Good luck to ya !

Gary

Thanks for the reply man. I appreciate it. Your defenitely right a pig is a pig who cares about the weight! lol. She wasnt my pb of all time but defenitely a pb for this little lake. No where as NEAR as the giants youve caught in the past but im getting closer! lol

fishindude420
03-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Good job tim id post the other one you got too from the other lake ;] ... Geoff your killing me man why didnt you set the hook? hahaha thats classic...

It would take too long to black out! lol. she was a monster for shure too though!

flyforfish21
03-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Nothing fishy about it, wanted her to spawn and make babies with her genes. I'm not worried about a DD, i know it will happen. There was dudes staring at me on my boat (this was at a bigger lake), made two casts, got her to bite, and moved on. She was tough to see too, water's a little murky there ;)

Geoff

mudskipper76
03-14-2011, 08:29 PM
you can add this congratulations to the collection. absolutely beautiful fish!!!!

ghetto dad
03-14-2011, 09:14 PM
DAMN!! nice fish Joaquin!!! lmfao

hope alls well for you homie..been a LONG time....tell larry i said sup!

fishindude420
03-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Nothing fishy about it, wanted her to spawn and make babies with her genes. I'm not worried about a DD, i know it will happen. There was dudes staring at me on my boat (this was at a bigger lake), made two casts, got her to bite, and moved on. She was tough to see too, water's a little murky there ;)

Geoff
Still dont make sense to me. No one in there right mind would pass up a double digit bass. Especially if it was that easy to catch! I know you geoff you wouldnt pass up a dd! lol.If you want those females to have a good spawn and make babies you should stop fishing a couple months then because any big fat females you get are probably gonna be full of eggs.lol, just sayn. Whether shes on a bed or not doesnt matter. Still putting the same amount of stress on the fish. And its not gonna be enough stress to stop her from spawning im sure. good job though either way! lol

fishindude420
03-14-2011, 10:34 PM
DAMN!! nice fish Joaquin!!! lmfao

hope alls well for you homie..been a LONG time....tell larry i said sup!

Lol, thanks man. Will do. Hope everythings well with you and your family man. me you and larry need to fish again sometime so he can school us again! lol

sshernandez
03-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Nice bass man... That's why I don't post anymore to manny HATERS..

Zombie Bass ATTACK
03-15-2011, 11:27 AM

Geoff

Hey Geoff i wanted to tell you something \/\/\/

flyforfish21
03-15-2011, 11:38 AM
thanks larry, i thought so too

brycek1984
03-15-2011, 12:11 PM
that ' so big

ghetto dad
03-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Lol, thanks man. Will do. Hope everythings well with you and your family man. me you and larry need to fish again sometime so he can school us again! lol

lol..yeah and this time no McDonalds runs in my truck...i was 1/16th inch away from that pole man, and it sucked backing out!! LOL

fishindude420
03-19-2011, 09:03 PM
hahahaha i know that was funny as heck! lol good times

exfactor
03-19-2011, 10:03 PM
thanks for sharing your fish with us. A heck of a brute you caught there. So whats the reason for the crooked hat? Enquiring minds want to know. Ex

Zombie Bass ATTACK
03-19-2011, 11:49 PM
thanks for sharing your fish with us. A heck of a brute you caught there. So whats the reason for the crooked hat? Enquiring minds want to know. Ex

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm ballsack

ghetto dad
03-20-2011, 10:48 AM

Joaquin is a pimp.....lol

fishindude420
03-20-2011, 11:22 AM

It gives me a couple feet of extra visibility when the hats blocking out the sun rays that get thru the corners of my glasses which can make a difference of catching a monster or getting skunked so throughout the day it will be at all different angles on my head.lol. plus what ghetto dad said. Im a P.I.M.P and thats how we do it! ahhaahhha

exfactor
03-20-2011, 11:42 AM
pimp momma basher................i like it!!!!!!!!!!!

Mister Twister
03-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Went to one of the city park lakes last week to check out how the bite was. it was slow most of the time. I got 2 fish but 1 of them was a giant prespawn female. I saw her swimming around chasing bluegill in the morning and all it took was a quiet cast the right bait and presentation and she turned and inhaled it! Freaked me out. Her belly was so obese she couldnt jump. Just big splashes and her head coming out of the water. She took me for 2 really big runs then she was just dead weight with head shakes. Slowly babied her in and then i really freaked out when i got a close up of her. She was WAYYY bigger then i thought when i saw her. Lipped her as quick as i could and did a pretty loud war cry! hahaha. Had someone take a quick pick, weighed her and got her back in A.S.A.P so she could release all her eggs for more toads in the future! She must of had pounds of eggs in her she was almost exploded. And had a huge bluegill sticking out of her throat too! Beautiful fish and my pb for this lake! Hey 420 I lost one like that at south shore.I talked to you there like two weeks ago.There are some big mofos there for sure.I thought I hooked a snag,lost it right at my feet.Nice fish bro,you got skills

fishindude420
03-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Hey 420 I lost one like that at south shore.I talked to you there like two weeks ago.There are some big mofos there for sure.I thought I hooked a snag,lost it right at my feet.Nice fish bro,you got skills

Thanks man yah i remember you. Too bad to hear about the big one that got away but it happens youll get one soon enough if you keep working at it.

Mister Twister
03-21-2011, 09:17 PM
rattle vibe craw pattern,got some on the shad too.nice cranks they rattle like hell

bassinUKTR
03-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Nice Job, let the haters hate, you keep catching them!

smokehound
03-22-2011, 06:37 PM
isnt the whole point to ffn is to share information, whats working, what lakes are biting? this thread should be deleted.We've shared plenty. Do you NOT see the tip of the month board? You need us to help you wipe your arse, too? Repeat after me: "I will stop saying stupid ****."

Sloooooooowly.

The mods don't need you telling them how to do their jobs.

Nice fish, 420. Always good to see a fellow stoner out there.

fishindude420
03-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Nice Job, let the haters hate, you keep catching them!
Thanks man!

We've shared plenty. Do you NOT see the tip of the month board? You need us to help you wipe your arse, too? Repeat after me: "I will stop saying stupid ****."

Sloooooooowly.

The mods don't need you telling them how to do their jobs.

Nice fish, 420. Always good to see a fellow stoner out there.

Lol thanks man appreciate the comment.

LunkerBill
03-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Sweeeeeet! Thats a T O A D ! Way to go fishindude420.

Koontaj
03-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Man their some gangster emailers (Barrio FNN13, 14 blood or crip) . Please dont shoot me a virus....see you in the lake. Man 42 and I still act like a punk..LOL

Great looking fish, its just not knowing the weight has nothing to do with the location.

Well, I will start posting from the pimp lake and at least give the weight if I ever catch a hog like that....dreeeammming:Cool:

fishindude420
03-23-2011, 04:01 PM
i didnt post the weight cuz of haters but i really dont care anymore. Theres a lot more great people on this board then not. she was almost 11

oakboy
03-23-2011, 07:31 PM
That looks like a dream fish to me! One questio, im semi retarded when it comes to computers, how do you white/black out photos like that?

<><
KP

fishindude420
03-23-2011, 08:02 PM
photoshop :)

oakboy
03-24-2011, 01:00 PM
i need to figure out photo shop! Not that i have any pictures of fish like yours. Maybe i can enlarge the fish in the pic! Great fish man, NICE one in your avatar also! Where in OC are you? Im in Aliso Viejo.

<><
KP

fishfinder
03-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks man. Yah but still id rather not get anymore haters on my post. Already got 1! lol. she was over 7 under 11 pounds so somewhere around there thats the best i can do.lol

i was going to guess 12 lbs. so guess i am way off

fishindude420
03-24-2011, 10:08 PM
yah guess so. if u look above it says almost 11 so ur not that far off

fishfinder
03-24-2011, 10:24 PM
yah guess so. if u look above it says almost 11 so ur not that far off

i never read past the 2nd page. didn't want to read any more drama from the haters. lol.
what a belly that piog had on her.

fishindude420
03-24-2011, 10:27 PM
hahaha luckily there wasnt really haters on this one lol. Im not gonna worry about it anymore its nothing to get upset about haters are just jealous people.lol. Thanks for the comment bro i appreciate it!

LuvThymetal
03-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Woot! Nice piggy yo