PDA

View Full Version : White River, Ar

Piss on Myspace
03-13-2011, 04:40 PM
howdy fellow fishing peeps... didn't know where to post this, so please correct if im wrong...got a little spare time and was thinking bout taking a trip out, in the near future, to fish the White River in Arkansas to see what the hypes about. Did some research and the Bull Shoals area looks to be pretty renown....obviously ill be trouting, going after a new pb with one of those big o' brownies... this will be my first time there, so basically any info about the area, trip planning, fishing guides or fishing tips will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!!!

-dave

and yes, hopefully there will be an epic report to follow

Cartman
03-13-2011, 07:54 PM
One word, GAR.

my snuggles
03-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Its been 35 years since i was there but i grew up in Missouri, a landing called Pontiac was a great place to camp and fish, if you like all species. when i was a kid my daddy took me there about everyother weekend camping and fishing. I used to like to blue gill fishing there. always caught many in the 2 lb range. bass and trout were plentiful too but never got any Browns there.

Jbro
03-20-2011, 07:33 PM
http://www.roundhouseshoals.com/ i know George for years and he is honest and a good fishing guide. He can give you all you need. Tell him Jake Brower sent you.
Best of luck!

Piss on Myspace
03-22-2011, 12:22 AM
thanks guys! ill be looking into all the info provided...truly appreciated.

@ Jbro.....recommended guide, and a name to drop...i owe u beer! thanks mang!!!

FSHNLIC
03-22-2011, 05:39 PM
thanks guys! ill be looking into all the info provided...truly appreciated.

@ Jbro.....recommended guide, and a name to drop...i owe u beer! thanks mang!!!

You NEED to DRY out your LIVER!!!!!

Piss on Myspace
03-24-2011, 02:38 PM
You NEED to DRY out your LIVER!!!!!

hahaha, this is coming from the one who usually supplies the beers!!!! if you think thats bad, dont look at the lungs.

NFCD I
03-27-2011, 07:17 AM
Sorry for the late reply. I've fished the White River no less than 25 times. I lived in St Louis for 13 years and made several trips a year down to the river. If you're using a guide service, I would suggest Newlands. They can supply the total package. Lodging, three squares a day, and quides. It's important to let them know how you want to fish. Some guides will want to bait and wait. Some will want to float using live sculpans, and some will only want to fly fish or use artifitial using spinning gear. If you let them know up front, they'll hook you up with the right quide. There is a guide that freelances the area. He calls himself White Water Slim. Stay away from him even if he reduces his price. He likes to fish with corn and he's a true pain in the butt.
You can check out Newlands at www.newlands.com.
Enjoy the White River, it's one of the best trout fisheries I've ever fished. It is trully a special place.

Piss on Myspace
03-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Sorry for the late reply. I've fished the White River no less than 25 times. I lived in St Louis for 13 years and made several trips a year down to the river. If you're using a guide service, I would suggest Newlands. They can supply the total package. Lodging, three squares a day, and quides. It's important to let them know how you want to fish. Some guides will want to bait and wait. Some will want to float using live sculpans, and some will only want to fly fish or use artifitial using spinning gear. If you let them know up front, they'll hook you up with the right quide. There is a guide that freelances the area. He calls himself White Water Slim. Stay away from him even if he reduces his price. He likes to fish with corn and he's a true pain in the butt.
You can check out Newlands at www.newlands.com.
Enjoy the White River, it's one of the best trout fisheries I've ever fished. It is trully a special place.

thanks NFCD I.....truly appreciated....:Beer Toast:....sent you a pm

diamondbear
04-04-2011, 11:28 AM
I went to a family reunion yesterday a saw my sister for the first time in like 20 years and she lives in arkansas right on the white river she tells me , but she doesn't fish . Now I gotta check this out , Big Browns ?

Piss on Myspace
04-04-2011, 12:20 PM
i went to a family reunion yesterday a saw my sister for the first time in like 20 years and she lives in arkansas right on the white river she tells me , but she doesn't fish . Now i gotta check this out , big browns ?

check it out!!!

NFCD I
04-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Big Browns??? I took a customer on a three day float on the White River back in 1995. He caught a 34" brown on a Rapala countdown. My biggest was 21". It's an awesome fishery.

WARRIORMIKE
04-06-2011, 04:37 PM
I have a co-worker going out there next week. I'll let you know how he does

Piss on Myspace
04-06-2011, 08:59 PM
I have a co-worker going out there next week. I'll let you know how he does

hell yeah, please do...i'm trying to get out in the next couple of weeks.

thanks mike

-dave

Bobber Boy
04-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Thanks for sharing the pics! Looks like everyone had a good time and those are some quality fish.

Piss on Myspace
04-11-2011, 12:34 AM
Thanks for sharing the pics! Looks like everyone had a good time and those are some quality fish.

uhhhhhhhhhh....huh?

@ NFCD I....sent you a pm