PDA

View Full Version : bright lake fishing

fish-o-haulic
03-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi Everybody! Im new to FNN, but i was just wondering if anyone has ever been to bright lake because I never hear reports on it there are current and up to date. If youve been there recently please tell how the fishing is. I go every year and I never seem to find reports on it, so when I go its a blind trip thanks if you do leave a report its greatly appreciated and is definitely put to good use.

Nessie Hunter
03-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Brite Lake?????

http://www.tvrpd.org/facilities/brite-lake.html

fish-o-haulic
03-12-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry for not clarifying its in tehachapi if you google it you have to say brite lake tehachapi CA its a lesser known lake that has great bluegill trout catfish and largemouth in it if you go there your mainly gonna hear about the trout ill google maps it and give exact directions btw its spelled Brite lake i always wanna spell it bright cuz thats what im used to spelling

razar1345
03-12-2011, 03:21 PM
When we go there we have the best luck catching fish just to left or right of the boat launch. Use power bait dipped in garlic.

fish-o-haulic
03-12-2011, 04:15 PM
When we go there we have the best luck catching fish just to left or right of the boat launch. Use power bait dipped in garlic.

I normally go with my brother uncle and sometimes my grandfather normally i have the worst luck of the group and I still catch fish everytime sometimes i catch bigger fish sometimes i catch smaller and sometimes i dont catch that many but it still a good days fishing no matter when i go

kirkboat
03-14-2011, 07:13 PM
is float tubing allowed?

fish-o-haulic
03-14-2011, 07:25 PM
I dont think so but fishing is great from the shore if you dont have a boat. Ive caught trout catfish and largemouth from the shore.

TROUT MASTERS
03-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Hi Everybody! Im new to FNN, but i was just wondering if anyone has ever been to bright lake because I never hear reports on it there are current and up to date. If youve been there recently please tell how the fishing is. I go every year and I never seem to find reports on it, so when I go its a blind trip thanks if you do leave a report its greatly appreciated and is definitely put to good use.
WELCOME.
I DO CAMP THERE FEW TIME IN SUMMER,WAS THERE LAST SATURDAY ME AND 3
BOYS AND BROTHER CAUGHT AND REALEASED ALMOST 20 FISH (TROUT)
DFG DID STOCK THE LAKE LAST WEEK,NICE PLACE TO FISH
GOOD LUCK
TROUT MASTERS:Cool:

fish-o-haulic
03-14-2011, 09:07 PM
WELCOME.
GOOD LUCK

are they gonna stock for the derby coming up on april 16.

fish-o-haulic
03-14-2011, 09:10 PM
WELCOME.
GOOD LUCK

also as far as catch and release i dont do it there because whenever i try to release trout they end up dying soon after i catch them on rare occasions before i even get the hook out but i dont like trout that much so i usually give them to my grandparents to fry up

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
03-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Kirkboat,
Yes, float tubing is allowed, but beware of the constant wind heading east. A good place to launch tubes from is the far west corner where it's usually filled with guys fishing from shore.
Boats are allowed also, but only paddling or electric trolling motors allowed.
I don't know where they are getting their trout from now, but they used to stock the lake with Alpers rainbows.
They also have a derby every year. They post it at the entrance shack where you pay to get in.
TTFM

fish-o-haulic
03-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Kirkboat,
Yes, float tubing is allowed, but beware of the constant wind heading east. A good place to launch tubes from is the far west corner where it's usually filled with guys fishing from shore.
Boats are allowed also, but only paddling or electric trolling motors allowed.
I don't know where they are getting their trout from now, but they used to stock the lake with Alpers rainbows.
They also have a derby every year. They post it at the entrance shack where you pay to get in.
TTFM

i have also caught cutthroat trout out of there, and i dont know if its true but i heard they had brooke trout

TROUT MASTERS
03-15-2011, 09:25 AM
also as far as catch and release i dont do it there because whenever i try to release trout they end up dying soon after i catch them on rare occasions before i even get the hook out but i dont like trout that much so i usually give them to my grandparents to fry up
your grandparents must be proud of you
good job..